Our work and its results:
We develop solutions for traffic control for the new generation of intelligent towns and cities. Our activities have a direct impact on the quality of life in Brno and other European cities. We impact the mobility of hundreds of thousands of passengers every day. We are not happy about the current situation, so we keep working on innovations: Brno is becoming a laboratory for autonomous traffic control, and our systems are currently tested at several intersections in Brno.
We are going through a change:
Our company is currently undergoing a significant organisational change. An independent organisation, Yunex Traffic, is being carved out of the large international company, Siemens Mobility. The new company, a leader in innovative and intelligent transport solutions, will be in closer contact with customers. It will have a typical flat organisational structure and be able to react to the current market situation fast.
What does your future team look like?
Our product includes a new IoT platform to manage and administer traffic-control equipment in towns and cities. The development emphasises state-of-the-art communication technologies and cybersecurity. It is a new project, free from legacy code and outdated technologies. Our team comprises experienced developers, testers, and traffic engineers from the field. We work with and develop agile methods (scrum/kanban). We focus on cloud technologies, microservice architecture, automated testing, and UX. We have a free hand in the way we do our development work.
What will be your job duties?
- Developing a system for the management and monitoring of traffic-control equipment
- Learning, testing, coming up with new ideas, and not being afraid to ask for help
- Accelerating the deployment of intelligent transport systems in everyday life
- Cooperating with developers and testers in our development centre in Brno, Munich, Berlin, and Pune (English is our working language)
What skills and qualifications do you need to be a part of our team?
- Secondary or tertiary education in a technical field
- Knowledge of OOP and the clean code culture
- Backend development – Java, Go - is a plus
- Knowledge of network protocols (HTTP, MQTT, AMQP)
- Experience with message queue brokers
- Experience with the cloud environment and deployment
- English for everyday communication
What other extras will we appreciate?
- Knowledge of containerisation, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of database technologies (nosql, time-series)
Also, with us, you can work with:
- Gitlab, CI/CD, Artifactory, Terraform, Amazon AWS, Jira, Confluence
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 100,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time