Project Scheduler - Smart Buildings/Projects – All Southeast Zone locations
*SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL RESIDE IN THE SE ZONE*
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Position is responsible for project schedule development, management and analysis for assigned projects. The Project Scheduler will work with project team to develop, maintain and manage the project schedule.
· Work closely with the project team to develop, maintain and manage the project schedule; to include development, engineering, construction, supply chain, regulatory and project reporting activities
· Participate in regular project team meetings across multiple projects
· Ensure that all projects are being scheduled and forecast using a consistent methodology
· Lead in the creation of comprehensive schedule submissions
· Regularly review critical path, schedule content, use of relationships and lag, constraints and milestones
· Provide schedule analysis and metrics to key stakeholders on a regular basis
· Identifying activities impacting the schedule’s critical path and facilitating the identification of opportunities to accelerate completion of the work, or measures to avoid potential delays
· Assist in the review of the schedule and status of the plans during all phases of the projects
· Reporting on project contingency, and schedule risks and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Construction Management or Engineering (or in a related field)
- Certification as a PMI scheduling professional (PMI-SP) or CAPM will be advantageous.
- A minimum of 3+ years' experience as a project scheduler in a related industry or as a Project Manager in a related industry.
- Advanced proficiency in project scheduling software, such as MS Projects and Oracle Primavera.
- Extensive experience in schedule planning and management.
- In-depth knowledge of the scope of projects within the Building Automation industry.
- Advanced ability to evaluate project progress and facilitate interventions.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and communication skills.
- An understanding of critical path methodology to ensure, and communicate, timely delivery of milestone tasks
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure (timelines and deadlines) when required
- Ability to travel 20% of the time.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Not required but would be a plus:
- Oracle Primavera P6 Certified
- PMI-SP Certification
- CAPM Certification
- PMP Certification
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.