Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
The STAR-CCM+ team is seeking a motivated developer to contribute to the development of the STAR-CCM+ electromagnetic solution. Computational electromagnetics is one of the recent extensions of STAR-CCM+ multi-physics solver family. The traditional finite volume flow centric code is being extended to allow optimal discretization for computational electromagnetics, solid mechanics and complex polymer fluids. This means new challenges, frequent enhancement and re-architecture of established simulation components towards efficient finite element support.
The primary goal of the development is to expand the modeling capabilities and support simulations of low frequency electromagnetic devices within STAR-CCM+ for efficient multi-physics modeling including coupling to heat transfer, flow and solid stress models.
Supplementing the low-frequency electromagnetics capabilities of STAR-CCM+ is the ability to model plasmas in many industrial applications. Their complex physics and coupling to chemistry and flow solvers presents many challenges, both in terms of modeling and efficiently achieving an accurate numerical solution. As such, continued expansion and support in the realm of plasma physics would be a secondary objective for development.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactively. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development.
Join our team as “Finite Element Developer (m/f/d)” in Erlangen/Nürnberg, Prague, Vienna or any other location in Europe. We even can imagine the US as location.
You'll help our customers drive digital innovation by
- Design and development of components for finite element computational electromagnetics solvers including
- Modeling of magnetic and electric fields, and/or plasmas
- Coupling of electromagnetic field solutions to other physics models
- Development of discretization techniques required for high fidelity and robust solutions
- Development of efficient linear solvers and pre-conditioners
- Interaction with other STAR-CCM+ teams
- Working in large, geographically distributed teams
What do you need to realize what matters
- Masters, PhD or equivalent degree in electrical engineering, applied math or computer science
- Proven strong C++ development skills
- Experience in large-scale software development
- Demonstrated knowledge of algorithms and techniques used in finite element simulations of electromagnetic problems
- Good working knowledge of numerical methods required for finite element electric and magnetic field solvers
- Experience in the area of plasma modeling is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with modern CPU optimization, vectorization and GPU programming is a plus
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate ground breaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Mr. Markus Kies.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time