We’ve got ideas to improve the way people travel. Can you help us bring them to life? Join us as a Project Accountant in Croydon.
We are currently looking for a Project Accountant to join us in Siemens Mobility – Rail Infrastructure business in Croydon. Reporting to the Regional Finance Manager you will support the financial management of the suite of projects in the Project Delivery organization within the London portfolio. This will include New Technology projects to provide digitlisation and enhancements of key network connections of East Coast Mainline route upgrade.
This role is based out of our office in Croydon and London with an expectation to be office based 3 days a week (2 days Croydon, 1 day in London Tavistock). Working from home will also be possible due to the recently adopted “new normal” working hours.
What part will you play
- Undertake a handover from the Tendering and Estimating team of the financial elements of a successful bid, creating the baseline budget, Project Delivery Report (PDR) and Contract Forecast Report (CFR) and full set up in the SAP system
Project Forecasting and Reporting
- Report project actual and forecast spend to support Work Package Managers (WPM) and the Project Manager (PM) in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets
- Analyse new project forecasts, developing a view on robustness, timing, risk, and opportunity. Review and, if necessary, challenge with both WPM and PM before finalising
- Ensuring all change is properly incorporated in cost and value, completing tender templates to determine budgeted cost
- Maintain for each project the P&L, balance sheet, order book and cashflow on behalf of the PM
- Working with other parts of the project team as necessary e.g., Commercial function, prepare project reporting to the client where required
- If dealing with cost reimbursable contracts, ensure all project audit requirements are dealt with in a timely and professional manner
Functional Reporting and Forecasting
- Ensure all project reports and forecasts are submitted to Central Finance on time, accurate, and are understood and approved, where necessary, by the Project and Regional Management teams
- Provide meaningful supporting commentary where required or necessary
- Act as the independent conscience of the project ensuring the integrity of the financial status and forecast, escalating issues or concerns where necessary
- Calculate and review, where necessary, project accruals related to internal and agency staff, materials, and major subcontractors
- Verify periodic costs to ensure month end position accurately reflects the financial position of the project
- Ensure the correct trading margin % and verify the traded position
- Provide commentary on traded position and financial status/movement where necessary
- Manage or support the setup, submission and processing of Payment Applications, certificates, and invoices, including all postings to the ledger.
- Actively monitor the payment cycle ensuring any required actions are taken to maximize the cash position, chasing payments with customer where necessary
- On Target Cost/Cost reimbursable contracts, ensure timely and accurate provision of all supporting information to enable issuing, approval and payment of all actual costs claimed
- Maintenance of responsible projects within the finance Systems
- Compliance with all Group accounting policies, but in particular with the long term contract accounting policy
Project Accountant (You)
- Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Minimum 1-3 years accountancy experience
- Strong mathematically with advanced Excel skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to challenge and influence others
- Desire and ability to work closely and develop productive relationships with both finance staff other project functions
- The ability to analyse and use data to add value to a process or activity
- Be prepared to travel if required, occasional travel to project sites
- Relevant contract accounting experience
- Basic understanding of core contract terms and conditions which have a financial aspect
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time