Product Documentation Specialist/Technical Writer
About the Role
You may have noticed major changes taking place around how companies and their employees use physical spaces moving forward. Hybrid working models will become the standard, office spaces will get smaller and more flexible, and there will be a greater focus on in-person collaborative space.
And any time there is a seismic shift in an industry like this, there are a ton of new problems to solve and opportunities to create meaningful solutions. Comfy is at the center of this “new normal,” with the backing of our parent company Siemens, and working with Fortune 500 companies around the world.
So we are looking for a Product Documentation Specialist to join our growing team and help us document all of our new product capabilities and improve Comfy’s ability to serve its customers with clear, concise, and informative product documentation that our internal teams can use to support the onboarding and management of Comfy users and data.
The Documentation Specialist is responsible for the writing, distribution, collection, storage, and maintenance of documentation.
They are responsible for working to optimize the efficiency of the system already in place, must make sure that all documentation is accurate and stored securely, and is accessible to the correct stakeholders within the organization.
While the role includes the writing of documentation, this is not a formal technical writer role. The documentation created is focused on internal stakeholders so accuracy, a high level of detail, and delivery to timelines is paramount.
- Creating documentation and release notes before distributing throughout the company to appropriate stakeholders
- Working closely with colleagues across other departments to ensure that impacted stakeholders are reviewing and signing off on documentation prior to distribution, and that everyone is completing and submitting the necessary documentation
- Project management of documentation “due” based on release dates and commitments
- Acting as a point of contact for retrieval of specific documentation as required
- Write, review and update the SOPs relating to documentation collection and storage
- Analysis of dataand compilation of reports related to documentation
- Deal with storage, folder organization, and access of documentation and data protection
- Training of colleagues on the documentation
- Revising outdated documents and ensuring that all staff are using the correct version
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of experience as a technical writer, product managment, project manager, or other related experience
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex concepts
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Excellent project management and time management skills, detail-oriented and process-driven
- Passionate, entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience collaborating with Engineers and Product Managers
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.