Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting students for our Spring 2022 Strategic Student Program. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
- Currently enrolled as a university undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Able to work in a part-time capacity from January to May, with the opportunity to continue on full-time during the summer
- Preferred sophomore or pre-junior status
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
As an intern with the Application Component Services group, you will have the opportunity to work with a small team that interfaces with product groups from across the Siemens Software division. Working in an agile scrum environment, you will be involved in a full development life cycle from planning, design/architecture, development, code review, and maintenance. We work directly with product groups adopting our advanced software delivery technologies.
From obtaining licensing entitlements to downloading, installing, activating, and launching: our team is here to help the many diverse areas of our business do it all better. Part of that effort involves continuously learning about new things to be able to serve our customers to the best of our abilities. Specific tasking may vary depending on the immediate needs of the business. Our team consults and provides solutions in areas such as:
- Providing and enhancing a Common Software Delivery application
- Creating custom installation solutions for product groups
- Automating product licensing setup and activation
- Building SDKs for product group developers
- Currently enrolled at university pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in Computer Science
- Working knowledge of an object-oriented programming language such as Java or C++
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating system environments
- Familiarity with software development IDEs, such as Qt Creator, Eclipse, or Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Qt Framework preferred but not required
- Knowledge of source control management systems such as Git is preferred but not required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Good analysis and technical problem-solving skills with the ability to understand complex problems and solutions
- Ability to work independently and within a team, own issues, estimate and solve them
- Knowledge of REST APIs is a plus
- Knowledge of UX design principles is a plus
- Knowledge of application security principles is a plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.