We are seeking a dynamic Senior Research Scientist to join our Sustainable Automation Solutions Research Group and support our Siemens business units and end customers in the US! The right person will have a strong technical background in IT and OT technologies and a passion for designing industrial computer vision solutions from a connectivity / driver level up to (AI-based) image processing pipelines from concept to completion!
In the role as Senior Research Scientist, you will
- Define, research, and implement Industrial Edge applications for computer vision in manufacturing industries, from a connectivity / driver level up to (AI-based) image processing pipelines
- Work with other Research Scientists, Software Developers, industry customers, business unit and research partners and system integrators on developing end-to-end industrial computer vision solutions
- Try to solve the most ambitious and scalable use cases in industrial machine vision together with a motivated team of technical, industry and business specialists
- Perform sophisticated hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs
- Complete technical solution co-creation for the development and implementation of customer solutions
- Collaborate with appropriate groups inside and outside of Siemens AG for sophisticated domestic and international projects
Qualified candidates will have/be:
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related fields
- 5+ years of experience implementing machine learning algorithms in a production setting (vision and time-series domains).
- 5+ years of experience working with cameras and design elements of vision systems.
- Has shipped multiple vision-based machine learning products and has experience with the machine learning product lifecycle.
- Knowhow of standard industrial machine vision communication (e.g. RTSP, Genicam, Onvif standards)
- Experience in creating scalable and high-performance architectures (to address the high-speed requirements in the manufacturing industry).
- Experience building applications using deep learning frameworks like Keras , Tensorflow, PyTorch , Caffe in either production or research settings.
- Experienced in Python with strong hands-on experience using OpenCV, scikit learn, numpy, scipy, pandas libraries.
- Experience with unit testing libraries such as PyTest, MyPy, and GTest.
- Experience in creating API’s
- Experience with Linux development environment, docker development and deployment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English required. Capable of presenting complex technical topics in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings, and projects.
- Curiosity to ask questions and find innovative solutions to technical challenges
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our work powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in a global ecosystem focused on innovation, partnering with our customers, businesses, government agencies, and leading academic institutions on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development.
We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.