If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens
Our Siemens Motion Control (DI MC) business unit is one of the world's leading suppliers of motion control products, systems, solutions, and services. This includes around 20,000 employees and the four business segments. With its worldwide plants, R&D and service locations, MC is close to its customers and at home in a wide range of industries.
Our plants in Germany, China and England are pioneers
in digital industrialization (Industry 4.0) and have already received several
awards in this context: we produce, bundle, and ship the drive technology of
the world of today and tomorrow.
Our frequency inverters and the associated information electronics form the backbone of the automation, machine tool and packaging industry. Our inverters help companies maximize performance in a sustainable and efficient way and reduce environmental impact. Our electric motors are synonymous with quality, innovation, and the highest efficiency.
Do you also have the ambition to actively shape Industry 4.0 and want to be an innovation leader? Then you are the right person for us - let us drive things forward together and leave your "footprint"
What part will you play?
What are my responsibilities?
The function is based in Nanjing, China in our brand new Lean Digital Lighthouse factory. Functionally, you will be part of Siemens DI MC Business Unit´s Global Value Chain (Manufacturing) Team and report to MC´s Global Head of Value Chain.
In this role, you will enable our 5 Chinese Siemens DI MC factories to be sustainably productive with DIGITAL (industry 4.0) and LEAN E2E processes in LOGISTICS (factory demand & supply planning, order management, inbound, intralogistics, warehousing, outbound, production control/planning). Transforming our factories into LEAN DIGITAL lighthouse factories with, for LOGISTICS, best-in-class processes, standards, and scalable digital solutions. In detail:
· You will act as a senior expert and lead high-level consultant process improvement projects with the aim to increase productivity and KPI performance. This includes initiation of transformation projects in close collaboration with factory and department heads and their teams.
· For Logistics, you will develop optimized target state value streams & processes, including KPI improvement potential and savings targets, jointly with factory leaders and teams
· You will provide consulting and expert coaching support to the teams from target setting through implementation towards the target state
· You will drive global strategic programs for factory digitalization within MC´s Chinese factories in the focus area of logistics, e.g. digital twin of E2E logistic processes, automated warehouse, and transport with AGV, RPA, Artificial Intelligence
· You will identify, share, and institutionalize best practices and standards for MC factories` logistic processes
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· University degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or Business administration
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Strong skills in project management & project leadership
· You bring several years of proven knowledge and practical experience in Logistic Process improvement, and LEAN logistics. Experience in management consulting or leadership experience is a plus
· You have strong communication skills, on all levels from factory head to team leader production
· You have Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results: Jointly with all stakeholders you are able to initiate transformations, develop + address improvement potentials and convince teams to change towards leaner, digitalized and more standardized processes.
· Knowledge of SAP ERP systems (MM, SD, EWM, PP)
· Ideally, you also have knowledge & experience in Production Control/Planning and logistic process digitalization
· Willingness to travel for process improvement projects to MC´s Chinese factories
· Fluency in English and Chinese (written and verbal)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time