Under the brand name Simcenter Tire, we provide the industry standard in tire simulation models for vehicle dynamics applications. Our products are used by most of the major passenger car and tire manufacturers. We are looking to extend our team with an experienced Software Engineer to realize new functionality for the Simcenter Tire software applications. The role requires a solid background in computer science or technical informatics as well as profound skills in both C and C++ software development.
We are a medium sized development team that handles all aspects of developing and distributing cutting edge software products in an Agile Scrum environment.
In our day to day work, we:
* Improve our simulation models based on extensions developed by our engineering team. Models are typically developed in Matlab first and then translated to C code.
* Provide a cross platform simulation SDK targeting desktop and a variety of real-time operating systems.
* Develop the C++ backend of our tire model parameterization tool.
* Manage the complete build and test environment.
* Have frequent interactions with approximately 10 third party simulation partners who implement our SDK in their simulation environment.
* Interact with customers for advanced support questions and new feature discussions.
Here are some highlights of what we look for in our next colleague:
* A versatile developer who's main strengths are C and C++, but who also likes to work on all the related aspects of developing a commercial end user product.
* Having affinity with mathematics, engineering or tires could be helpful, but is not strictly required.
* Since we are working as a Scrum team, we are looking for someone who enjoys working in close cooperation with the rest of the team.
* You understand the value that test driven development and continuous integration brings to the quality of software.
* We are an international team, so we expect solid English communication skills.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Netherlands B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time