What are the Siemens Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Services & Cryptographic Technologies?
The Siemens Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) is the basis for secure communication and storage of internal information and is a prerequisite for trustworthy and liable transactions via public networks. The Siemens PKI Services act globally and guarantee:
- the secure authentication of persons, systems and products
- the encryption of confidential information
- the digital signature of documents, business transactions and source code
The Trust Center team provides the public key infrastructure and cryptography service in a self-managed high-security data center in Munich for Siemens globally. Full end-to-end responsibility for the entire range of services from infrastructure and operating systems to applications is our great strength. We manage everything from the bare metal of the servers and the VMWare environment up to the HSMs and the Certification Authority (CA)/Registration Authority (RA) software environments. Additionally, we consult internal customers on the implementation of PKI technology within their IT products and services. Our international team is currently spread across the locations Munich (DE), Erlangen (DE), Lisbon (PT), Barcelona (ES), Madrid (ES) and Orlando (US).
This is your role: Cryptography Service Owner / Architect
As Cryptography Service Owner / Architect you are end-to-end responsible for the development and operation of customer-specific PKIs / cryptography solutions in the IoT environment (including ZeroTrust and Post-quantum-cryptography). You are recording customer needs to specify and maintain security requirements for current projects as well as the entire PKI services portfolio and thus support compliance with international and regional security standards and regulations. Your tasks include the conception, installation, configuration and administration of the PKI services in productive environments. You communicate with our application service providers in the release planning and thus contribute to the optimal support of the respective application. In the event of problems and malfunctions, you are the decisive factor with analyzes and measures for troubleshooting the systems in order to restore the application availability for our customers in a timely manner. Security is very important to us, observing existing security concepts and measures - which you can also actively help to shape - is also part of your work. When on call, you restore the system availability as quickly as possible.
Use your skills to move the world forward:
- University degree in computer science, IT security or related fields or otherwise professionally acquired comparable skills
- Service-orientated mindset (Can-do-/try-fail-try-again-/do-not-delegate-mindset) and a strong customer orientation
- Experience in IT Security
- Several years (>5 years) experience in Application- / Service Management or related fields
- Experience in working within self-organized agile teams
- Strong collaboration in international as well as virtual teams
- Ideally experience in a service-oriented organization before
- Ideally experience with PKI and cryptographic technologies
- Knowledge of IT processes and security related necessities is positively valued (e.g. SCRUM, ITIL, eIDAS/ETSI and WebTrust, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in German would be an advantage.
- Ideally experience in the operation and use of HSMs
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and learning new topics
- Interest in general trends in the PKI / cryptography / IT Security environment
- DevOps Mindset
- Ideally experience with GIT
- Ideally basic knowledge of a programming language / scripting
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Please send your CV in English, otherwise your application will not be considered. As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
This opportunity provides flexibility in location meaning that we are accepting candidates from all over the world. Your preferred location will be asked during your application.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time