Change the future with us.
Our Business Development experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
Does the future of Life Sciences excite you? Do you have Life Science expertise and are you
looking to advance your career to the next level? Siemens Canada Ltd. Smart Infrastructure is seeking a driven, dedicated Life Science National Business Developer Manager who is prepared to leverage their own knowledge of the North American Life Science market growth areas to generate new equipment, service, and solutions sales.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proven sales success in the Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical market and the successful candidate will be required work closely with our direct, indirect, and international sales experts to increase market share at our existing and prospective customer base. Siemens is an innovation leader in the Life Sciences industry and the successful applicants will be expected to develop a sales strategy to continue to grow market share.
Position can be located in Montreal or Toronto
- Take the lead role and ownership of the development of sales strategies, tools and collateral necessary to grow and drive the Life Science business across Canada.
- Incorporating strategic thinking by anticipating future trends by looking outwards at the customer market, competition and alternatives.
- As National Business Development Manager for the Life Sciences market you will help drive order intake and building customer relationships by identifying and developing customer opportunities and converting them into successful solutions across Canada.
- You will be responsible to increase share of wallet for selected relevant key customers (including relevant sales channels / integrators) based on products, systems, solutions, and services.
- The successful candidate must be able to pair Pharmaceutical market knowledge with the broad Siemens SI offering for the industry to deliver actionable steps in the customer conversion process to increase Siemens market share.
- The National Business Developer Manager must be able to work in a matrix organization, coordinating with various other groups including engineering, sales, and marketing, with close coordination and communication with the global Life Sciences organization.
- The National Business Developer Manager will be measured on Siemens Smart Infrastructure portfolio growth, customer pipeline development and new customer conversions in the Life Sciences market.
- The position reports to the Vice President of Sales for Smart Infrastructure
- Sales and business development activities for the entire Siemens Smart Infrastructure portfolio to deliver increased market share.
- Deliver a measurable increase in lead (Pipeline), & enquiry generation which can be addressed by the Siemens.
- Match Siemens offerings to customer needs and help close deals with strategic approach
- Position Siemens as a thought leader in Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences through industry association and active event participation.
- Educate internal and external personnel on Siemens portfolio with respect to features, benefits, and value propositions for the life sciences markets.
- Work with marketing, sales and engineering teams to maximize solution offerings locally and in close cooperation with the Siemens global life sciences team.
- Identify market trends, customer needs and competitive advantages and use this knowledge to grow Siemens market share.
- Build and maintain a stable network with Management and experts in the pharmaceutical market and supports sales and customers as an industry subject matter expert.
What will you need to succeed?
- 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical/life science industry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in executive level sales and business development
- Proven experience in developing new customer especially Life Science Vertical
- Subject matter expertise of the Pharmaceutical/life science market segments within Manufacturing and R&D.
- Strong general Pharmaceutical Knowledge including industry standards,
- Strong relationship development skills and value selling techniques.
- Experience with Building Automation, Fire, Security and Power Distribution an added value
- Experience working with End Users, OEMs, integrators and EPCs, especially in the Life Sciences Markets.
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to present effectively in person or through the use of remote media tools.
- Bilingual in French / English would be a strong advantage
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.