Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens: This position requires the coordination and delivery of multiple, simultaneous fire and life safety projects of various complexities. The Associate Project Manager is responsible for all project facets, including project billing, job cost reporting, forecasting accuracy and overall customer satisfaction.Responsibilities:
- Review project specifications, drawings and project specific documents to establish project intent.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project team. Identify any time sensitive installation needs.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects.
- Review plans and specifications and participate in project cost reviews. Manage financials and assure favorable billing positions.
- Manage backlog to drive revenue to meet monthly and quarterly goals.
- Conduct an orientation for project technicians and provide all necessary project documentation including scope of work, drawings, applicable specifications, application engineered drawings, project contacts, etc.
- Weekly tracking of resources, project progress and postings.
- Document project events that impact the schedule, scope of work, and project efficiency.
- Pursue project specific change order opportunities.
- Coordinate and pursue project specific billing. Coordinate with Accounting team and Operations Manager (as needed).
- Schedule project specific commissioning resources; and provide commissioning documentation.
- Expedite the return of project specific mark-ups for as-built development.
- Complete all project specific close-out documentation.
- Effectively manage and coordinate subcontractors to meet scope, scheduling, and financial requirements.
- Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures and properly report unsafe conditions and actions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Completion of AAS degree, BSME BSEE preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of technical experience in the commercial fire and life safety industry.
- Proven understanding of Financials and Accounting principals.
- Knowledgeable in local and national (NFPA) fire alarm codes and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry applications, ability to read and understand drawings and specifications, and electrical, network and control wiring diagrams.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must either achieve a NICET II Certification or a PMP within 2 years of starting the job
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, Dental and Vision plans with options from which to choose
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays and floating holidays
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.