Company and Position Overview
Yunex Traffic, a Siemens Business, is at the forefront of a technological revolution in Intelligent Traffic Systems. As cities and states begin to plan for and implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared ITS infrastructure, they must also handle existing assets: highways, city streets, tunnels, and pedestrian crossings that continue to be hot spots for congestion. Today, Yunex Traffic works with transportation systems operators, traffic management and engineering staff, emergency support personnel, and city planners to manage their existing traffic infrastructure and assets and plan for the future. We help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control and Advanced Traffic Management Systems.
Our projects focus on installing digital and physical infrastructure to help operators retain control, from tracking buses and trains on their routes to locating and addressing stalled vehicles to connecting drivers with meaningful information about road and traffic conditions. We are industry leaders in implementing connected vehicle solutions (V2X) and Mobility-as-a-Service – both integral aspects of our Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
We seek to hire a Financial Analyst for Performance and R&D Controlling to join our team based in Austin, TX. In this role, you will be analyzing financial documents on a routine basis and using your GAAP and IFRS knowledge to prepare statements and reports. This position reports to the Finance & Performance Management Manager in Austin where we can support a hybrid in-office working schedule or possible remote work location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support accountable management in planning and calculating yearly budgets and prepare reports for the unit or "Finance & Controlling" management
- Consolidate budgets, including top-down and bottom-up plans, and proceed with revolving midterm plans and periodic forecasts during the year.
- Provide financial transparency, analysis, and reporting.
- Perform sophisticated financial analyses, prepare related presentations, and present results; provide feedback to assist in management decisions as advised.
- Independently research, acquire expertise, and develop solutions for advanced business problems and incidents;
- Identifies critical barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills to deal creatively with most situations;
- Analyze and evaluate cost structures - including building, maintaining, and improving the dependent cost accounting system.
- Develop detailed project plans and optimize time and resources to achieve desired results; supervise implementation and results to ensure desired project outcomes.
- Involved in development and rollout of new processes or procedures; directs or participates in major projects with significant business impact.
- Effectively coaches and communicates with team members.
- Ensures all work is aligned with policies and procedures; financial information prepared per accounting guidelines/ internal controls.
- Keep abreast with changes of internal guidelines and external accounting standards, and train other staff, respectively.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting fields or related degree is required
- Validated experience in Accounting and Performance Controlling
- Strong experience in forecasting
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Tableau skills
- SAP/Spiridon experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter and Great Teammate
- Proficiency in Spanish is highly preferred
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.