We have an exciting opportunity for 4 Quality Managers in Projects (QMiP) to join us in Siemens Mobility supporting our Rail Infrastructure business.
In this specialist key role, you will support the Project Manager as a partner by planning, supervising, assurance, and reporting of appropriate activities with regards to failure prevention and effective process implementation (pro-active and re-active). You will act as a catalyst for continuous improvement in all PM@Siemens project phases, e.g. by communicating lessons learned from other projects to their team as well as documenting own lessons learned for other projects and process improvement. Of particular importance is the authority to intervene at any stage in the project, in cases of non-conformance in delivery and project results. You will be a key member of the core project team, monitoring and reporting the quality status to the Project Manager and Delivery Director.
We have 4 opportunities currently available:
- East Coast Mainline project based in Derby – travel will be required between Derby and Hitchin
- TRU West Transpennine project with locations between Manchester and Leeds
- TRU East Alliance project with locations in the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool and Leeds
- Wales and West portfolio with a base location in Chippenham
This is your role
- Implement the QM system within the portfolio and support project management in planning and securing milestone results
- Establish and monitor quality plans e.g. acc. ISO 10005 / 10006, define appropriate quality targets based on project critical factors
- Report quality status, quality incidents and root-cause-analysis to Project Management, based on determined critical metrics, key figures, and specified characteristics. Communicate quality targets to all people affected or involved. Raise project-risk situations as appropriate
- Ensure adherence to processes to; - a) analyse and monitor fulfillment of contractual and committed requirements, b) manage professional feedback to and from the customer, c) manage complaints.
- Ensure execution of quality plan and quality gate process through active involvement in readiness checks and participation in quality gate meetings. Reject releases e.g. at quality gates in case of non-conformity and ensure the initiation and closure of corrective actions. Report and raise as set forth in the mission of the function
- Support the planning, initiation, and coordination of continuous improvement actions for all project phases. Ensure good practice sharing and feedback of experience e.g. through continuous improvement workshops (esp. lessons learned) and project assessments
- Plan and ensure the required quality level of the project-specific supply chain (internal & external) with the focus on specifications and interface definitions. This includes the support of the SQM in the application of supplier-related procedures, such as selection, qualification, development, integration, supervision, and auditing
- Identify qualification requirements and initiate training for project employees with regards to knowledge of quality methods to be applied, process awareness and expert knowledge
- Plan and conduct project audits, assessments, reviews and participate in status meetings. Ensure implementation of (improvement) measures
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Lead auditor qualification
- Previous relevant experience within Quality Management
- Knowledge of BS EN ISO 9001: 2015 and its practical application within a large organisation
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent IT skills (specifically MS Office)
- CQI Membership (desirable)
- Ability to present information clearly and unambiguously, both written and oral, and to lead/facilitate group activities and workshops
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time