Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for an experienced Medical MES Engineer based at our site at Worcester Acute Hospital Trust.
As healthcare providers strive to improve efficiency and focus on patient care, Siemens Healthineers provide partnerships to help hospitals improve their quality of care and deliver operational excellence. Find out more about our MES business and Enterprise Services here.
We embrace and encourage different viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences and expertise. We encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows different ideas and approaches to thrive. Find out more here.
We provide a range of innovative and cost effective medical equipment services to the Worcestershire Acute Hospital Trust as part of a Private Finance Initiative (PFI) contract. You will work within the on-site Siemens team delivering a range of engineering services in line with the Managed Equipment Service (MES) contract. The service is provided in accordance with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and aims to create and maintain consistently high customer and staff satisfaction.
This role offers extensive product and personal training opportunities and would suit you if you have an EBME background.
- Investigate and diagnose faults on a wide range of general and electro medical and mechanical equipment including Infusion devices, Electrosurgical equipment, Anaesthetic equipment, Vital signs monitors, Ventilators;
- Carry out repairs and servicing on the above;
- Carry out routine maintenance in accordance with pre planned maintenance schedules;
- Ensure equipment of critical importance to the Hospital is receiving priority attention;
- Carry out the acceptance testing and commissioning of new, loan and trial equipment to MHRA guidelines (currently Managing Medical Devices);
- Good communication skills are required as this is very much a customer facing role;
- Ensure the MES is delivered in accordance with the Company's standards of Compliance, Quality and Health & Safety as they relate to the MES operation;
Skills & Experience:
- Degree or HNC/D in Medical Engineering (or acceptable alternative) with significant post qualification work experience within an engineering environment;
- Proven post qualification experience of gained within a medical engineering field;
- Experience of working in the NHS/Private Healthcare;
- Knowledge of Microsoft IT packages and service management software;
- A clean Driving Licence as some travel between sites may be required;
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work’. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time