At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
NOTE: During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer-aided design, 3D modeling, and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world-class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking, and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.Insight to the role:
Siemens NX for Design software is a flexible and powerful integrated solution that helps our customers deliver better products faster and more efficiently. We invite you to join us as part of the Cambridge, UK office in the NX Assemblies Department. Here you will be working alongside experienced software developers and testers on the next generation of design software. This could be working within a team as part of a larger project, or more autonomously on a smaller area accompanied by guidance and coaching from your manager and colleagues around you. We’re looking for graduates, post-docs, and software engineers to join our team.Main Responsibilities
Research and Development areas include:
- Enhancements to existing techniques for modeling and describing the structure.
- Improving performance when working with large amounts of data.
- Data modeling and interoperability.
- Next-generation cloud-based applications.
- Expanding into new product and market areas.
- AI/ML to provide intelligent user interfaces to aid in customer workflows.
- Using AI/ML to complement intelligence in the underlying data model.
The role will include exposure to some or all of the following:
- Learning the functionality of the NX software.
- Learning our build, software development, and testing processes.
- Develop your knowledge of C++ (our core language) in a commercial environment.
- Contributing to core NX software development and automated testing.
- Work on projects relating to assembly modeling, core architecture, or AI.
- Contributing to internal tools development.
- Maintenance of NX software.
- Supporting miscellaneous NX development activity.
- Documenting and reporting on progress.
- Knowledgeable in Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques
- Strong coding skills in C++ or similar object-oriented language
- Familiarity or experience with the software development life cycle.
- Passion for learning and adopting new technologies
- Open, communicative, and articulate – works well in a team environment
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package that includes a competitive basic salary, generous holiday, and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme, you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.Please visit for more information
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time