Siemens Mobility Limited have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Voice and Network Architect to join our Rail Infrastructure CIS business. We operate a flexible working policy and would be open to discussing working requirements. We will require an element of office working in one of our regional offices which include Ashby de-la Zouch, York, Manchester, Glasgow. Chippenham and Croydon.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
In CIS we deliver network and security solution to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network, voice solution and security solution. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation and commissioning.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Network Design Manager, this role is primarily responsible for the technical management and delivery of voice over IP designs in a rail environment, however the candidate must also support in the delivery of Network designs (to support station systems, SCADA systems and backbone communications) to meet business demands, identifying approved templates, customizing them for project requirements, ensuring compliance with connectivity and cyber-security requirements and service performance characteristics.
The job holder will provide mentorship to entry level talents and early career engineers contributing to their career development and progression. This person must be capable of building and maintaining strong communication links with the customers’ telecoms specialists and delivery partners and collaborate with the systems engineering group, the project delivery teams and research and development team.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Provide technical leadership for their allocated tasks, delivering safety through design, ensuring the required governance is applied and approving as responsible engineer where allocated
- Successful delivery of Voice designs and bids including Logical Architecture, Service designs, low level network design, IP schedules, numbering scheme, dial plan, configuration, and ergonomics
- Successful delivery of Network designs and bids including network architectural design description documents, network architecture diagrams, IP Addressing/Sub-netting design, cable schedules and diversity plans
- Manage customer requirement and produce system requirements and proposals
- Develop associated test specifications, provide support for onsite build and test, and support for integration & system testing
- Provide technical support and mentorship to early career team members.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree level qualification in relevant engineering discipline or other numerate subject or equivalent experience
- A demonstratable experience of Voice over IP designs with in depth knowledge of communication systems such as CUCM, plus associated trade turret design, voice recording, call logging and human machine interfaces in a rail (or similar mission critical) environment.
- A demonstrable broad experience of Network Communication Systems and Architectures, especially LAN/WAN architectures and network security, associated with SISS, control systems/SCADA networks.
- Experience in at least two of the following technologies: Redbox voice recording, VMWare virtualisation, Windows Server (Domain Controller and Active Directory).
- Experience in provision of TDM and SIP based trunks including analogue to IP gateways and E1 gateways.
- Experience in the configuration of third-party SIP devices including industrial telephony.
- Network experience at least a CCNA level.
- Cisco certified, or at working level with proven experience, to CCNP Collaboration.
- Established knowledge of the systems engineering life-cycle
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to communicate technical solutions at all levels.
- Able to work to tight timescales
- Chartered engineer
- IRSE License
- Experience in specification and configuration of Session Border Controller including CUBE.
- Experience in providing emergency voice communication system
- Demonstrable knowledge of railway systems: SCADA, Signalling, Radio, M&E, Station Information and Security Systems, electronic security.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time