We are the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and eco-friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Rail Electrification provides turnkey solutions for rail and road transport and railway electrification solutions. Our mission is to make real what matters by setting the benchmark in how we electrify, automate, digitalize and integrate the transportation world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create is yours.
We are currently seeking to hire a Senior Solution Engineer (PLC programmer) to support our DC traction power substation equipment's design, implementation, and testing. We'd love to have you join our team! This role can be based either out of our office in Tualatin, OR, or any other Mobility site (New York, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Louisville, or Sacramento) in the US.Responsibilities
- Prepare and develop the Network Control (NC) design deliverables/submittals and all other associated documentation, including programming of intelligent devices for assigned projects.
- Positively influence engineering design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents.
- Provide technical support to all Project Manager(s) / Techncial Manager(s) / Project Engineer(s) as required
- Take an active role in the local mentoring of junior/less experienced staff.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Factory Integration Testing (FIT), Field / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), and Field / Site Integration Testing (SIT) as required
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel across North America
- Travel <5% required
- Engineering degree (Bachelors required, Masters preferred)
- Professional Engineer (PE) qualified in any US state (preferred)
- Proficient in discipline-specific ANSI / IEEE / NEMA / NFPA standards (preferred)
- Minimum of 8 years experience in programming Siemens S7 PLC's
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Rail Electrification (preferred)
- Proven in-depth knowledge of and experience with the following products is an advantage:
- Siemens Simatic® S7 PLC's
- Siemens Simatic® TP (Touch Panel) HMI's
- Siemens Simatic® TIA Portal
- Siemens Simatic® WinCC
- Ladder Logic, Structured Text, and Functional Block programming methods
- Ability to test and troubleshoot wiring in cabinets and panels
- Basic knowledge of SCADA (preferred) and Cellular / Mobile / Wireless / Radio technology (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio)
We are # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses
Office Life: Diversity & Inclusion Program
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.