We are the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and eco-friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Rail Electrification provides turnkey solutions for rail and road transport and railway electrification solutions. Our mission is to make real what matters by setting the benchmark in how we electrify, automate, digitalize and integrate the transportation world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create is yours.
We seek to hire a US-based remote Testing & Commissioning Technician or Engineer to support our projects by undertaking on-site testing & commissioning of DC traction power substation equipment. We'd love to have you join our team!Responsibilities
- Carrying out tests per approved test plans, test procedures, and risk assessments
- Completion of test documentation & reports
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing wiring or equipment failures
- Provide technical support to all Project Manager(s) / Technical Manager(s) / Project Engineer(s) as required
- Positively influence Engineering design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel across North America
- Travel >80% required
- Technical diploma (minimum)
- Qualified Electrician (preferred)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in substation testing and commissioning
- Experienced in Traction Power within the Rail environment (preferred)
- Proven in-depth knowledge of and experience with the following Siemens products is an advantage:
- 8DA10 Gas-insulated Switchgear (GIS)
- Sitras® REC diode rectifier
- Sitras® DSG DC switchgear
- Sitras® PRO / MDC DC micro-processor protection relay
- Sitras® SCD short-circuiting device
- Sitras® SCS-DC station controller
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio)
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses
Office Life: Diversity & Inclusion Program
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.