Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
• EHS function responsibility for SE Aurangabad factories (AIS, GIS & BIC Factories).
• Provide visible, strong and active EHS leadership within the location, acting as a champion for Zero Harm and Wellbeing for safe working environment.
• Drive Implementation & monitoring of EHS Management system according to International Standards (ISO 14001 & ISO 45001).
• Implementation of EHS Policy, guidelines, procedures & compliance to legal requirements.
• Organize & conduct monthly Safety round & meeting with Factory manager.
• Selection, evaluation & performance monitoring of Contractors working in factories including a system of penalties & incentives. Develop contractors through consistent engagement.
• Identify training needs, plan, and organize training programme on EHS at different levels.
• Plan and conduct EHS assessment of the factory & take corrective/preventive actions promptly.
• Identify near misses, unsafe acts & unsafe conditions and ensure corrective /preventive actions. Analyze UA/UC trends for underlying issues, suggest corrective measures & follow up for compliance.
• Incident/Accident reporting and communication (escalation), investigation, analysis & recommendation of corrective & preventive actions.
• Periodic reviewing of Emergency preparedness plan & carrying out mock drills. Advise SRE on improvement areas in maintaining fire detection/fire fighting system & associated infrastructure. Coordination with internal & external partners on emergency preparedness.
• Engage with the other process owners & Dept Heads for effective participation on EHS implementation.
• Co-ordinate with Factory Heads, Business Units & Div/Op Co EHS Head, including Health Management on specific EHS tasks assigned.
• Ensure compliance to the EHS & legal requirements in layout changes, changes in manufacturing processes, factory expansion etc. Liaison with authorities as required on approvals/ EHS compliance.
• Timely reporting of incident & corrective actions, Quentic, SESIS, EHS dashboard etc & ensure necessary compliance.
• Effective communication & implementation of lessons learnt through Safety alerts, UA UC, audit findings.
• Advice on usage of PPEs, tools, tackles, equipment & device appropriate to the nature of work & application.
• Act on employee complaints relating to Health, Safety or Welfare, communicate through the relevant company channels and bring to the attention of the concerned authorities as required.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• BE/ Dip. (Electrical / Mechanical),
• Advanced Diploma in Industrial Safety recognized by State Technical Board of Education.
• 10-12 yrs of experience.
• Certified Lead/ Internal Auditor of ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
• Knowledge of applicable EHS statutory requirements.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time