Coordinate warehouse activities, including tools and equipment used for classroom training and facilitate shipping and receiving for the rest of the facility. Position main focus is to optimize delivery reliability and delivery quality through
· Proactive coordination between customers (internal and external) and carriers
· Training Equipment (simulators) builds, updates and maintenance
· Training Equipment (simulators) scheduling and management
Shipping and receiving:
· Accept incoming shipments, compares with the shipping documents and deliver or notify recipient
· Facilitate and/or coordinate outgoing shipments. Adds the corresponding shipping documents to the outgoing goods.
· Checks incoming goods for visible damage, documents them and provides the information if required.
· Captures relevant data in data processing systems.
· Arranges the acceptance, storage, commissioning and removal of goods in the storage area and records them in the appropriate systems.
· Organizes a regular stock maintenance and inventory in the storage area.
· Completes packaging of deliveries having regard to shipping instructions, common methods of dispatch, types of packaging and other instructions (e.g. Dangerous Goods) in the given framework.
· Takes care for correct use of transport equipment (walk-behind forklift, and hand truck)
· Completes transports inside and if applicable outside the premises with professional usage of appropriate means of transportation.
· Assembles deliveries out of given storage compartments and reviews for completeness and accuracy
· Build new equipment (per specifications of SME)
· Update, repair and maintain equipment (per specifications of SME)
· Build and maintain (per specifications of SME) PG/PC images
· Position operates with dedicated, limited range of user interfaces or functionalities in standardized software programs, strictly related to their specific processes
· Accurately record and track equipment locations
· Accurately record and track HW/SW revisions and updates
· Quickly respond to shipping and equipment issues
· Captures relevant data in logistics systems
· Understand customer capabilities and coordinate shipping logistics end to end
· Use walk-behind forklift to move and organize equipment
· Organizes a regular stock maintenance and inventory in the storage area
· Oversees tactical training of new warehouse personnel on a day to day basis
Equipment handling per week
- Between 2,000 – 6,000 lbs. handled per week
- Ship or receive approx. 30 pallets per week
Packages per week
- Receive 100-150 packages per week (sign and deliver)
- Ship ~200 packages per week (BU, personal, etc.)
- (2) FTE required due to shipping hours coverage from 7am – 5pm (10 hrs incl. during lunch)
- …from 9 carriers (FedEx, UPS, DHL, FedEx Express, FedEx Express Freight, FedEx LTL, Conway, Holland, USPS)
- …some 2-3 times per day
- ~300 classes and ~2500 students requiring equipment
- Over 110 different locations (channel facilities, remote facilities, on-sites, international, etc.)
- Setting up / breaking down equipment in Norcross
Maintains Training Equipment
Over 80 different types of equipment
Over 1,000 pieces of equipment
Over 140 different courses
Build and Update Equipment:
Reimaging of over 100 PGs every week
Image SW updates
HW and FW updates (i.e. S7 1500 updates)
Build new trainers (i.e. System Networking)
Approx. 4 equip repairs per week
Maintains projectors, PCs, etc.
Years of Experience: 5 – 10 years
Education Requirements: High School or equivalent
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.