Siemens Industry Inc. is seeking an EHS Professional at its 500 employee fast-paced manufacturing facility in Roebuck, SC.
The EHS Professional is responsible for managing safety, health, and environmental compliance (OSHA, EPA, DHEC, ISO 45001, ISO 14001, etc) as well as associated programs and initiatives across factory operations. This role will work closely with the leadership team and is responsible for leading the development, implementation, and coordination of EHS programs and policies to ensure compliance and drive sustainable EHS culture improvement. This position has a direct impact on Business Unit performance and must possess an in-depth knowledge of safety and environmental regulations as well as strong interpersonal and leadership skills. The candidate must possess the ability/ skills to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
The EHS Professional will serve as a resource to the employees at the location, provide tools and support to site leadership in order to achieve Siemens’ EHS goals and objectives. This role will also be responsible for co-leading the factory’s Zero Harm Culture initiative as well as maintaining and improving EHS policies and programs.
- Coordinate with the factory’s Leadership Team and Corporate Resources on EHS activities and initiatives
- Lead cross functional teams to achieve EHS goals and objectives
- Conducting and managing EHS incident investigations, including incident tracking and recordkeeping requirements (internal and external)
- Performing/coordinating industrial hygiene surveys, ergonomic evaluations, air monitoring, noise sampling
- Work in concert with the training department on relevant EHS training programs, including but not limited to Personal Protective Equipment, Emergency Response, Hazard Communication, etc.; this may include content development and training facilitation
- Participating in audit activities (internal and external) including identification of EHS issues and driving actions to resolve
- Current knowledge of existing environmental and occupational safety regulations including but not limited RCRA, CWA, Industrial Pretreatment Program, SWPPP, SPCC, OSHA, NFPA 70E, ANSI, etc.
- Tracking environmental related Federal, State, and Local regulatory changes known to or that may impact operations
- Interfacing with regulatory agencies, employees, and outside legal counsel on behalf of business when required: coordinating business response and/or comments to regulatory changes
- Ensuring compliance with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards
What you must have:
1. 8+ years EHS experience in an industrial manufacturing environment (i.e. overhead crane operation, high voltage equipment testing, ergonomic assessments, etc.)
2. Experience with ISO 45001:2018 OSHMS & 14001:2015 EMS
3. Solid understanding of environmental regulations (RCRA, DOT, CWA, etc.)
4. Experience managing/leading occupational safety & health programs (injury reduction, trending, etc.)
5. Demonstrated experience working on cross-functional teams as well as leading EHS projects (project management experience)
6. Individual must be self-directed with the ability to work with limited supervision
7. Must have strong verbal and written skills
8. Use of MS Office programs including outlook, word, excel and powerpoint
9. Preferred qualifications include ASP, CSP, CHMM
10. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.