• SW architect of engineering software for automation.
• Provide technical leadership in the area of software architecture to the team, collaborators and customers.
• Define research strategy for software architecture in coordination with Head of Research Group or project lead;
• Perform research, development and consulting projects collaborating with colleagues, customers and universities.
• Extract architecturally-significant requirements, and ensure feasibility of these requirements.
• Make architecturally-significant design decisions at the right level of abstraction.
• Define, articulate and apply architectural principles and patterns.
• Document and communicate architectures.
• Develop strategies for risk mitigation, including risks associated with unstable requirements
• Be aware of state-of-the-art software architecture methods, tools and trends.
• Present proposals, concepts, and results to collaborators and customers.
• Acquire and lead projects.
• Master or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline.
• 7 years of experience in software development and software. 4 years working as a software architect.
• Rich experience in Automation Engineering software research and development
• Experience in software architecture methods and tools.
• Experience with software architecture reviews, architecture recovery, code quality analysis, analysis and management of technical debt in large software systems
• Experience in the use of architecture description languages
• Strong skills in problem solving, communication, and team work.
• Ability to work on a problem from the analysis phase to the implementation of a practical solution.
• Ability and interest to train and mentor more junior architects.
• Proficient English and Chinese in both oral and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Willing to accept challenges and responsibilities.
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time