We are Siemens Digital Industry Software and we have an exciting opportunity with a position opening in our Procurement Department in the Functional Excellence team. This Supplier Specialist position will be responsible for developing, enhancing, and participating in the implementation of supplier management programs and strategies to assure the overall performance. The position is responsible for conducting supplier management in predefined methods, tools, and processes across the entire Business Unit, DI SW (globally), to provide a basis for selecting and maintaining the best suppliers.
- Maintaining vendor onboarding processes including vendor master record maintenance, internal vendor number assignment, supplier qualifications, and supplier segmentation
- Conducting annual target setting workshops, key performance indicator reporting (monthly, quarterly, annually), annual and ad hoc supplier evaluations, coordinating supplier development plans, and coordinating external supplier sustainability audits
- Supporting the transition to a new ERP system, with a new vendor onboarding tool rollout
- Coordinating with Procurement Zone Managers and Senior Procurement Management
- Ensuring alignment with Division and Corporate requirements
- Creating and providing training for onboarding processes and tools, to suppliers and Siemens employees
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in procurement / SCM in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline - supply chain management, business, commercial, manufacturing, engineering degree, or work experience equivalent
- Proficient MS Excel skills. Well versed other MS Office products (Word, PP & Outlook).
- Strong collaboration skills, able to work across departments
- English language proficiency
- Strong communication skills will be required for preparing and presenting to the Global Procurement department
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Change management facilitation
- Strong data management skills
- The candidate must be self-motivated with an intrapreneurial mindset
- Strong problem solving and solutioning skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experienced with SAP
- Experience with negotiations
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time