At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We are focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digitalization to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We empower our employees to act as owners, and trust our managers to self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate honestly and drive transparency to learn from our mistakes and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
The Customer Support Coordinator is responsible for processing large volume data entry in both alphanumeric and symbolic data entry from source documents into CRM software. Recognizes when to escalate customer issues and supports customer with price and availability, simple product crossing and referral to appropriate specialist for technical support and/or problem resolution when warranted.
Lead the investigation and resolution of open lines associated with Customer Support managed orders. Utilize SAP and other applicable reports to identify open orders and distribute to customer support for review and resolution under the defined process.
The candidate must be willing to swap into an Order Status role when deemed beneficial. This will enable the candidate to become well rounded with Customer Support processes and will benefit the candidate and business in the future.
• The Product Selection Specialist will be responsible for:
o Providing price and availability for multiple products within assigned business segment.
o Ability to handle a large volume of calls to provide pre-order and post order product support.
o Will service internal as well as external customers, industrial and construction distributors, and sales.
o Must have the ability to understand and navigate through multiple systems such as: SAP, Sales Force, Industry Mall, and other Siemens online tools.
o Utilize CRM tool to enter, manage, and prioritize case load to attain established service level agreements.
o Will need to have organizational familiarity to transfer customers appropriately throughout other support organizations within Siemens Industry Inc.
• Bring more value to each call/request by:
o Providing solutions to discontinued or obsolete product
o Looking for alternate solutions when product is not in stock
o Crossing other manufactures’ part numbers over to Siemens part numbers
o Acting as the level 1 product support for Customer Support
o Having the ability to quote some modified product in COMPAS
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• High Level of professionalism and excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to multitask and handle a high volume of work accurately.
• Excellent verbal, written, and organization skills.
• Desire to grow within the company.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Must be a self starter.
• Ability and desire to learn assigned business segment product line. May need to take internal product training.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to successfully complete required training program.
• Must have organizational knowledge in order to obtain proper product support.
• Must have the ability to navigate through multiple catalogs and online tools to provide product support.
• Must be able to cross, identify, select, and provide replacement parts.
• Must be able to provide trip curves, drawings, specifications sheets, and instruction sheets.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• High School Diploma.
• 2+ years’ of practical Customer Support experience supporting industrial, construction, mechanical, or electrical industries.
• Strong data analytical and problem solving skills in identifying patterns and trends.
• Proficient with Microsoft Suites.
• Basic understanding of inventory management.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associate’s degree in General Business or related discipline.
• Strong knowledge of SAP, CRM systems and Quotation tools.