VP, Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Are you skilled at developing an understanding of customer processes across an industry and driving the definition of software-based solutions to support those processes?
- Are you a master at managing multiple and complex programs?
- Are you a skilled leader in a matrixed organizational structure?
In this position you will have a chance to utilize these skills and more as you define product direction, investment priorities, and go-to-market strategy across the Aerospace and Defense Industry.
The Vice President of Aerospace and Defense Industry Strategy is responsible for running the industry strategy and business development position for the Aerospace and Defense industry sector within Siemens Digital Industries Software business unit. The Aerospace and Defense industry includes sub-segments for Aircraft and Airframe, Aerospace and Defense Agencies, Space Systems, Aircraft Engines, Land Systems, and Avionics and Defense Electronics. The Industry Team is comprised of 9 industry sectors of which Aerospace and Defense is one. The strategy developed by the person in this position drives our inbound (make, buy, partner) and outbound go to market prioritization. The position requires interfacing with a diverse set of individuals from CXOs, VP/Chief Engineer/Director of Engineering and Manufacturing from our customers but also Siemens Digital Industries and Digital Industries Software executives, sales teams, internal product development, and marketing teams.
The VP of Aerospace and Defense Industry will be responsible for:
- Developing an industry vertical-specific business plan that covers market trends, competitive evaluations, solution & technology gaps, and recommended priorities and actions for sales. The person will also have accountability for working these recommendations and actions with country managers and aerospace and defense teams across the globe to optimize market growth and expansion. The business plan must also address M&A priorities and targets. The industry leader will be responsible to manage and communicating the industry vision and strategy to the global aerospace and defense industry team.
- Inbound requirements including shaping our product development priorities, technologies, and portfolio investments. In this portion of the job, the person will have accountability for defining product direction and investment priorities based on market trends, competitive assessments, customer inputs, and industry knowledge. The individual will have to define and work with the various product groups to help outline and define gaps and priorities and work the product group’s managers and technical teams to define and flesh out technical issues, gaps, and specific Aerospace and Defense required solutions.
- Outbound go-to-market, including developing “Go to Market” strategies and messaging in partnership with the marketing team. Additionally, the individual will have responsibility for speaking at major internal Siemens events and external industry events and forums across the globe. The individual will work with other members of the organization to develop templates and solutions that leverage industry best practices to help customers shorten their deployment times and realize business benefits quicker. The individual will also work with sales teams to help with pursuits of large strategic opportunities.
Education: A degree in engineering, program management, and/or manufacturing is required. An MBA or other graduate degree is highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum 20 years of experience within aerospace and defense companies is required, having held senior leadership positions for five or more years. Experience in CAD/CAM/CAE and PLM supported process improvement and re-engineering in engineering and manufacturing processes is also required.
Key Attributes: Strategic thinking; competitive assessments; business acumen; technology foundation: business development; good communications; executive presence; Aerospace or Defense process expert.
Work Location: flexible – US preferred due to interactions with US defense customers.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.