The SAP Basis Engineer position is part of the Siemens DF PL Enterprise Applications Engineering Group with responsibilities covering all aspects of technical SAP Basis project and operations support in several S/4 and ECC system landscapes. This position is directly involved with the management and support of a large SAP Landscape that is leveraged for business applications.
The SAP Basis engineer is expected to perform SAP installations, upgrades and homogeneous system copies. Furthermore, system administration using tools such as ChaRM and Focused Build are part of the team’s responsibilities. Other expected job tasks include general support with STMS release and project data migration activity, SAP kernel updates, security compliance, Fiori UI troubleshooting, SAP system monitoring configuration etc.
This position will be responsible for ensuring that Siemens SAP environments continue to migrate to current releases, implement policies and procedures defined by central compliance organizations and help deliver mission critical applications based on SAP S/4 and Fiori.
- Technically analyzes and implements the highly complex features and integration of SAP systems and external application environments.
- Advises SAP Upgrades, performance tuning, release strategy, High-Availability configuration, and all aspects of SAP application troubleshooting.
- Interacts with system owners and sometime acts as a technical project manager. Demonstrates expert technical proficiency with a critical combination of areas that require understanding of application, database, operating system, and/or development concepts.
- Operates without supervision, with wide latitude for decision making and cross-team leadership.
- While without administrative (direct) employees, may perform the role of a functional supervisor.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years' Experience in SAP Basis Administration
- 2+ years' Experience with SAP S/4 Hana
- 2+ years' Experience with SAP Fiori
- 5+ years’ experience with Linux based Systems
- In-depth knowledge of Solution Manager
- In-depth knowledge of ChaRM Strong background in Secure Network Communication (SNC)
- Strong background in Hana Database
- Knowledge of Commvault
- Experience with Focused Build (Preferred)
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time