We're Siemens Mobility Customer Service! We're a leading global provider of short-distance, regional, and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported safely and comfortably while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are innovative and enable efficient operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
We seek to fill a Technical Support Specialist position in Wilmington, Delaware, where you will support fleet monitoring and maintenance planning for the Siemens Locomotives. This role also provides technical oversight to the contractual depots and administrative services to the Reliability and Service Managers team.Responsibilities
- Monitoring and equipment surveillance support for Siemens locomotives at the Amtrak Mechanical Desk in Wilmington, DE, in a 24/7 shift pattern. Regular hours are 6:00pm-6:30am EST with rotating days off.
- Support for driving reliability and continuous improvement to minimize downtime and costs.
- Preventive maintenance practice optimization without compromising safety.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Field Service Technicians to supervise and improve maintenance practices.
- Provide real-time support to the end-users.
- Must be able to work in a 24/7 shift pattern.
- Reports to the Technical Support Team Lead.
- Measure and track performance against agreed-upon reliability targets.
- Support Failure Investigations and the completion of Root Cause Analysis reports.
- Regular review and update of maintenance practices, impacting documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Provide technical advice and recommendations to the Field Service maintenance teams.
- Support the development of a Continuous Improvement Program.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the Customer's problems, determining the cause, selecting and explaining the best solution, expediting correction or adjustment, following up to ensure resolution.
- Generate administrative reports using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Generate Work Requests for locomotives using Amtrak's Work Management System.
- Use Siemens' Railigent® to monitor fleet performance and failures and disseminate findings to team personnel and the Customer.
- Lead teleconferences and meetings.
- This position requires a minimum of an associate degree in a technical field or five years of practical maintenance and operational experience. (Railway experience preferred).
- Ability to tackle practical problems, exercise initiative, and take care of a variety of changing situations.
- Must be computer literate and know computerized maintenance management systems.
- Must communicate effectively, listen, and have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read and understand equipment blueprints and maintenance/operation manuals.
- Must possess validated skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Must quickly and efficiently learn project-specific software programs and online tools.
- Required amount of travel: 5%
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Background or formal training in Quality tools, e.g., six sigma, Cause mapping, 5s.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare reports using analytics and business intelligence platforms like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, TIBCO Spotfire, or similar.
- Ability to apply Standardization of processes to maximize consistency of output and improve efficiency.
- Experience with basic Excel/VBA/SQL programming, with experience applying script logic to extract, analyze, or process data.
Why Siemens Mobility?
- We are # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
- Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
- Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
- Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses
- Office Life: Diversity & Inclusion Program
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.