Hi, we’re Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock! We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and enable cost-effective operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources. We are adding an Office Manager with a proven track record of providing comprehensive, support in a project management setting. In this role, you will support project directors and project managers and their diverse project teams in the execution of various projects. You will collaborate with a diverse team at a large manufacturing campus in beautiful and affordable Sacramento, California where project management, engineering, procurement, and manufacturing are co-located.
What you will be doing:
• Managing the schedule of project directors and managers which includes scheduling team meetings; domestic and international travel; speaking engagements; and many other professional engagements.
• Support project management teams to review, submit, and track project correspondence via various electronic documentation platforms.
• Support multiple project management teams to setup customer meetings, travel and execution of projects, as required.
• Working within SAP Concur to book travel and expense reporting.
• Partnering with the talent acquisition and human resources to schedule interviews with team members and ensure smooth local employee onboarding.
• Working closely across different departments (Finance, Engineering) to execute specific tasks at hand to support the directors and project teams
• Owning all topics related to the office and team, such as equipment procurement and maintenance; office supply; space planning; and office vendor management.
• Building tight and productive working relationships with members of leadership and other key stakeholders. Setup and coordinate team meetings, team building events and customer workshops.
• Ensure daily office operations are running seamlessly, and space is well kept by working together with the Office Administrator.
• Oversee office space and rotating assignments for customer resident inspectors. Ensure offices are maintained for assignment transitions.
What you will need to be successful
• Associates Degree or higher preferred.
• 3+ years of professional experience.
• Experience supporting project teams, with preference in manufacturing
• Proven experience and interest in general office management.
• Excellent customer service and communication-both written and verbal-skills.
• Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with leaders and other key stakeholders.
• Resourcefulness and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks.
• Team player with very high commitment, motivation and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to be discreet, while understanding the importance of required confidentiality.
• Proficient to Advanced office tool skills: Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, AdobeSign, Box, Slack, and Excel.
• A great attitude and an ability to see navigating challenges and obstacles as learning opportunities.
• Resourcefulness and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks and maintaining an attention to details.
• You will be entrusted to use best judgment in planning and execution, therefore will need to operate very effectively using independent decision making to drive successful outcomes.
We would be impressed if you had
• Rail Industry or heavy industrial equipment experience
Why Siemens Mobility?
• We are # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
• Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA,
• Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days,
• Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases,
• Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
• Office Life: Flexible Work Hours, Diversity & Inclusion Program
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now
or in the future for employment in the United States.