*Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- We are looking for an experienced engineer in the field of automation engineering with automotive background.
- The Controls Engineer will work to produce software packages, on schedule and on budget, to meet the customer contract requirements and the customer expectations. Develop and design control software, integrate software with electrical and mechanical systems and perform the commissioning at customer sites.
- You will be engineering and commissioning software only for SIEMENS SIMATIC controllers and HMIs. Your software will be used in automotive plants on our automation equipment to help our customers build their products.
- Responsible for PLC/HMI code development, code installation, debug on job site, and commissioning of the complete system.
- Active role in the creation of new automated systems as well as the optimizing of existing ones
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning the required activities.
o Perform or support the determination or specification of the required test equipment.
o May lead the commissioning staff functionally.
o Control the mentioned tasks and /or provide supervisory guidance at site.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Automation Engineering with programming background
- 5+ years of experience in the field of automation engineering
- Proficient in the automotive industry assembly system programming (conveyor technologies and process equipment)
- Programming Personal Safety equipment (i.e. Sick PLS)
- 5+ years of experience in Siemens Simatic PLCs and HMIs (Siemens Step 7, TIA Portal, WinCC)
- 5-10 years of experience with drives (Siemens, SEW, Lenze)
- Experience with controls network setup and commissioning such as Profinet and Profibus
- 50% Travel
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.”
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- CMSE® - Certified Machinery Safety Expert - Pilz US or equivalent
- German language skills are a plus
- Daimler Integra standard knowledge
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.