Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close cooperation with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries. Our Digital Enterprise is unique in the way it adds value to the industry. The holistic approach and blend of hardware, software and services is best met with a collaborative sales approach – join forces, collaborate, and drive the growth of the Digital Enterprise.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for Solution Architect to join our Siemens Digital Industries team in any of our East Coast offices (Brisbane, Sydney, or Melbourne). The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has immense market potential.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Enterprise, the Solution Architect works collaboratively across the Siemens Digital Industries businesses to drive value for our customers.
You will be experienced in solution architecture design of control systems in discrete and process automation applications. Using design thinking methods, you will be able to identify how a client’s new or existing automation could be enhanced through the application of solutions from our portfolio that will drive digital transformation. Having an appreciation for industrial cybersecurity, you will be able to position potential solutions that allow for a client to have increased transparency of their operations whilst maintaining security and reliability.
* Drives and guides the creation of a functional architecture for a complete solution and of a technical realization concept over all its domain and technical aspects and is able to articulate the value and difference of the Siemens Digital Enterprise solution to the client.
* Evaluates different concepts with respect to technological and commercial aspects and can work together with the sales force to prepare proposals and tender responses.
* Specifies and integrates standard products, components, and systems according to the required functionality of the solution and coordinates their interfaces and interaction.
* Verifies and validates the concepts and specifications versus the requirements and standards.
* Acts internally as an integrating and coordinating technical function with internal resources for delivery of solutions.
* May draft the integration test concept (in cooperation with the Requirements Engineer).
* May take over dispositive functions or responsibility for costs, time, and quality (in cooperation or as substitute for the respective positions).
* Performs long range strategic planning and analysis and prepares summaries, and performs operational activities in collaboration with the sales force for promoting Digital Enterprise solutions into key markets.
To be considered for this role you will have a strong sales and consulting background with a knowledge of Cybersecurity engineering on Complex Systems within a Water/Wastewater, Mining, Food & Beverage or Utilities framework.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and your ability to build sound working relationships internally and externally will ensure your success in this role.
In return, we offer a rewarding team environment, a commitment to your ongoing learning and development, and an attractive salary package.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time