Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honour our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then we have an opportunity for a Senior Biomedical Engineer to join our Managed Equipment Services (MES) team based at Fiona Stanley Hospital (FSH) in Perth, reporting to the Biomedical Team Lead.
This position requires a highly motivated and team oriented candidate to deliver a high quality Managed Equipment Service which includes planned and reactive maintenance of medical equipment. You are required to prioritise patient outcomes, generate best value for WA Health service at FSH and demonstrate the core values of Siemens Healthineers.
mission and responsibilities:
· Effectively perform scheduled and reactive maintenance, electrical safety test (EST), updates/upgrade, calibration and/or commissioning of medical devices in line with MES sub-contractual obligations and standard AS 3551;
· Complying with all Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) policies, FSH specific policies and service escalation procedures including following FHS health authorities Infection Prevention and Control policies as well as maintaining personal knowledge of safety instructions, work instructions and operational procedures;
· Ensure that all tools, test equipment and company assets issued to job handler are kept safe and secure and if required take necessary actions to maintain the fleet;
· Perform regular scheduled ward rounds in critical areas to ensure all medica devices are serviced up-to-date and all customer requests, complaints and comments communicated are escalated to the Biomedical Team Lead;
· Maintain an overview of the primary risks in team operations and close out any TGA recommended corrective actions against risk;
· Liaises with multiple WA Health and FM stakeholders to manage requests for the MES Equipment Library ensuring equipment availability and targets are met withing contractually agreed time periods;
· Perform Technical Test Acceptance on medical equipment including EST and functional tests per internal procedures and ASNZ 3551 including completing and uploading all required documentation;
· Be part of an on-call roster plus this position may have the requirement to be called in for urgent work at times other than normal work schedules such as evenings, weekends and holidays as well as possible emergency coverage of on-call shifts;
· Meet regularly with Team Lead to discuss and review previous work completion data, future scheduled work assignments, quality assurance issues, equipment inspections and any other projects or equipment support needs. In addition, ensure strong, clear and precise communication is maintained with fellow biomedical engineers, contracts management team and asset management team and all other key stakeholders;
· Supervision of team activity when Biomed Team Lead is away, including meeting attendance and all other activity the Biomed Team Lead normally undertakes;
· Act as an initial trainer/mentor for junior engineers, taking a proactive approach to training and development plus provide specialist support and training in the area of medical devices within your specific area of expertise;
· Act as Biomedical Technical Specialist on medical equipment used in critical areas including but not limited to Theatres, ICU, CCU, Cathlabs etc to maintain proper medical equipment operation and ensure optimum operation of equipment at all times.
Your qualifications and experience:
· Hold a Biomedical, Healthcare, Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering degree/diploma or equivalent;
· Understanding of ASNZ 3551 and service, maintenance, calibration and installation activities on relevant technologies
· Clinical and operational experience in a tertiary Public or Private hospital environment and/or experience in customer service, maintenance or installation activities;
· Experience in medical systems and their integration;
· Comprehensive diagnosis and troubleshooting skills in a complex digital and analog circuitry environment;
· Proven strong customer relationship skills;
· Demonstrated communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team and independently;
· Proficient in MS Office applications;
· Be available for rostered “on-call” participation that may require out of hours work; and
· You must be able to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in Australia (e.g. Australian or New Zealand passport of birth certificate or a current Australian visa with working rights).
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.
In return, we offer a rewarding team environment, a commitment to your ongoing learning and development.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, get in touch with us.
Applications close 30 Sept 2021 or sooner if sufficient applications are received.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Curious about our culture?
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at Siemens Healthineers career page
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To all recruitment agencies: Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Pty. Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time