Siemens Mobility Limited have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Radio Design Engineer to join our Rail Infrastructure CIS business. We operate a flexible working policy and would be open to discussing working requirements. We will require an element of office working in one of our regional offices which include Ashby de-la Zouch, York, Manchester, Glasgow. Chippenham and Croydon.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
In CIS we deliver network and security solution to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network, voice solution and security solution. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation and commissioning.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Design Manager (Telecoms), the Specialist Radio Design Engineer undertakes the day to day responsibility for management and delivery of the Radio design aspects of comms tenders and projects, within agreed timescales and budgeted costs, and is responsible for its contribution to overall business performance.
What will be my Responsibilities?
With emphasis on Radio technologies, responsibilities will be as follows;
- Undertake Specialist Radio Design Engineer role technically leading and assisting the development of RF designs for various projects
- Produce & implement template radio architectures, customizing them for the requirements of a project, incorporating that project’s requirements to provide performance characteristics to customer specification
- Produce / Approval of GSM-R RF designs for the Rail Industry incorporating; Coverage map, Connectivity Schematics, VSWR settings, BTS design, Antenna designs, radiation calculations, alarm monitoring and mechanical requirements
- Build and maintain strong communication links with the customers’ telecoms / RF specialists and delivery partners,
- Delivery of RF engineering activities to the agreed time, cost, quality and performance requirements
- Perform the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE), with emphasis on Radio, and lead an engineering team to deliver engineering tasks
- Responsible for technical lead in safety related system design.
- Responsible for managing engineering risk elements of Radio designs.
- Produce engineering technical and Health and Safety documentation deliverables to meet project requirements.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage design tasks including resources and equipment to deliver effectively and efficiently.
- Regularly report RF engineering team task progress and status.
- Lead the provision of estimating for engineering projects and tenders about engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process with emphasis on Radio
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools are applied throughout the engineering life cycle.
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with applicable Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
- Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer Health and Safety procedures and requirements within main line rail, light rail and mass transit environments.
- Manage and identify project scope changes.
- Initiate, develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and partners.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience do I need for this role?
- Proven success leading and motivating a team of network engineers for effective design and delivery of telecommunications systems.
- Strong experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes
- Strong understanding and experience of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in a rail or similar environment.
- Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
- Proven experience of integrating third party sub-systems into complete solutions.
- Proven experience leading estimates for engineering projects and tenders about resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- More than three years’ experience in designing Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) and Radiating Cable Tunnel infrastructures for TETRA, LFEPA, GSM, UMTS and LTE frequencies
- Knowledge of Neutral Host (Multi-Operator) Systems.
- Experience in the production of Designs, Procedures and Scripts
- Experience of Link Budget calculations.
- Experienced of RF over Fibre technology systems.
- Knowledge of ICNIRP.
- Knowledge of Cobham Wireless, Kapsch, Simoco, Frequentis.
- Experience of RFS products including cable types and terminations.
- Experience of GSMR networks, configurations and parameters including optimisation.
- Knowledge of EIRENE, JOTS, ETCS / ERTMS, ETSI, LFEPA, Airwave, Public Cellular, and LU Connect technologies.
- Experience of producing analysis and optimisation reports, including KPIs.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access, Visio.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time