Role Test Lead - Manual Software Testing
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
With our innovative and integrated technology we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Test Lead - Manual Software Testing team and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Change the future with us !
The ‘Test Lead - Verification / Validation’ is primarily responsible for software testing in product development.
• Leads testing projects and supervise test team members .He / she is responsible for the overall success of the testing projects set up in the team (customer impact, time, budget and scope). Need to execute people management and their development.
• Encourage collaboration within own team and between teams, seek sources of information, initiate lesson learned workshops and documentation (Knowledge Management)
• He / she shall verify and validate the DCS functions ensuring that control applications & configuration are healthy. This includes reviewing, testing and maintaining releases for control applications used by plants. It also includes performing bug analysis, bug testing and validating cyber security requirements of plants.
• He/she is responsible for test design and its execution as per prescribed test strategy to ensure that software application complies with implicit and explicit requirements.
• Review user/software requirements documentation with stake holders.
• Specify and execute test cases (including automation scripts if applicable) based on analyzed requirements and overall test strategy.
• Develop & validate automated and manual tests.
• Report errors in bug tracking tool and track the issues to closure incl. support of defect investigation, validate defect fixes and analyze impact of fixes.
• Create test documentations including test specifications, impact testing and Ensure product & process quality as per customer requirements and defined software development guidelines together with Test Manager and as well as Lead Engineer Validation & Verification and reasoning.
• Create test reports including defect logging and test result logging, defect analysis, RCA, summary reports.
• Validate Technical documentation (e.g. Administrator’s Manuals, User guide)
Required Skills and Experience:-
• B.E/B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control / Electronics / Electrical / Computer Engineering.
• Candidate with 10+ years of Software testing experience in any processing plants with control systems (DCS).
• Practical experience at project sites would be essential.
• Strong control process Domain knowledge is expected with Distributed Control System (DCS, PLC, SCADA)
• Experience in Administrator tasks of DCS is preferred.
• Strong presentation, interpersonal & Strong Analytical skills required.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time