Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world's energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters.
About job role:
- - Leveraging cross functional knowledge & collaboration for estimating optimum yet sustainable cost in real time
- - Contribute to competitiveness and profitability of Siemens products and solutions by challenging requirements and related costs
- - It is part of Proposal Team in Sales - Steam Turbine business
Scope (Dimension) of job role:
- Supporting a range of Industrial Steam Turbines & Heat exchangers: for local & export market keeping the customer at core
Objective & Responsibilities:
- - Product cost estimation - Steam Turbine & Condenser out of Vadodara factory
- - Prepare & maintain logical database of cost elements across product range & against design variants/features
- - Benchmarking of cost inputs like raw material rates, process rates, machining rates/hours, assembly hours against design data
- - Preparing cost catalogues for standard variants and machines
- - Update about: cost positions to sales/proposal & cost optimization measures to sourcing/execution
- - Coordination with stakeholders like sales, proposal, procurement, engineering, order execution, manufacturing, R&D & global network
- - Helping sales to choose & offer right product as well as facilitate cognitive inputs to use in their sales pitch e.g. distinctive features, major cost contributors, etc.
- - Strategic support to sourcing decisions
- - Understanding & basic knowledge of manufacturing processes like casting, forging, rolling, fabrication, machining, coating, packing etc.
- - Interpret engineering drawings and Bill of Materials
- - Good communication skills coupled with Strategic orientation & Data Analytics
- - Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- - Agile, Team player, quick learner & result oriented
- - Understanding of SAP
- - Having growth mindset
- - Collaborator & proactive
Qualification & Experience:
- - Educational Qualification: B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- - 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing industry
- - Experience in - Engineering / Proposals / Order management / Procurement will be preferred
- - Experience in turbo machinery will be preferred
We've got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Vadodara, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries - and the shape of things to come.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time