Sales Solution Engineer
Building Robotics, Inc. is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
The role of the Sales Solution Engineer is to provide technical expertise and strategic guidance and support throughout the selling process. Sales Solution Engineers work hand in hand with our Account Executives, and Field Sales teams to understand the customer’s needs, scope the best solution to meet the customer’s unique requirements, and articulate the value of the proposed solutions via discoveries and demonstrations. This role will also be responsible for working with engineering/application consultants, technical specifiers, technical subject matter experts, IT and Security teams and any other customer representatives to articulate our technical specifications and qualifications as they evaluate our solutions. Ultimately this role uses subject matter expertise to drive sales and set our customers and implementation teams up for long term success.
Sales Solution Engineers support complex technological solutions for businesses. They must have extensive knowledge of the applications, product parts, functions and the solutions they form (along with a deep understanding of the technical processes that make these offerings work.
What you will do:
- Review client needs and goals to specify the best possible solutions (hardware, software, and architecture)
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to existing and prospective customers
- Engage with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Provide configuration recommendations and implementation assistance for new deployments, working directly with our customers during a project’s pre-sales phases.
- Review infrastructure designs for completeness and solution compatibility with partners and other selected 3rd party vendors
- Drive technical responses to RFIs & RFPs alongside our team of subject matter experts.
- Advise our customers in meeting network requirements to host the Enlighted IoT platform (e.g., managing security requirements, navigating compliance and certification requirements)
- Consult with a customer’s technical teams and network engineers to articulate solution requirements/specs.
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering teams to enhance our product with requirements from new prospects.
- Create consistent, scalable, and secure system and network architecture documentation.
- Contribute to the overall Sales Solutions team effectiveness by identifying and overcoming obstacles while implementing long term solutions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Identifies potential projects for bid and compiles list of material requirements including lighting controls, networking equipment, and services.
- Reads and interprets specifications and blueprints.
- Follows-up on open and outstanding quotations with salespersons and customers to determine status.
- Communicates with account representatives, account executives, and inside sales reps to ensure quotes and resulting orders are complete.
- Respond timely and appropriately to follow ups and requests for the client.
- Ensure each of the responsibilities will be accomplished with authentic service, attention to detail, sense of urgency, responsiveness, follow-up, genuine care, and passion.
What You will bring:
- 2+ years of Solutions Engineering, Sales Engineering, or other IoT Infrastructure experience or equivalent
- Strong networked lighting control products and system knowledge. Preferably have previous lighting or IOT experience
- Familiar with lighting, construction industry work practices and approaches.
- Experience with integrations involving the use of APIs and/or BACnet IP
- Knowledge of fundamental networking concepts/protocols: Routing and Switching, VLANs, IPv4/IPv6, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTPs, SSL, TLS, SSH, SSO.
- Ability to effectively understand customer technical requirements while interacting with both technical and non-technical people.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity suites (Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in CRM software
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution - Entry-level academic Bachelor positions, needed sound knowledge on principles, technologies, and theories; certifications in specific fields might be required OR vocationally trained and experienced (semi-) professional positions with extensive knowledge of a range of specific processes and systems
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional)
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy | Enlighted, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.