Senior Director Market Development-Channel Program
Building Robotics, Inc. is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
The Senior Director Market Development-Channel Program is responsible for designing, building and managing the overall market development of the IOT Infrastructure channel partner program. Working closely with the COO, VP of International Sales and the VP North America Sales heads, you will build a world class channel partner program to enable the growth in sales of our key IOT Infrastructure channel partners (OEMs, Value Added Resellers, Distributors and Turn Key System Integrators).
The position will develop and implement sales partner programs and approaches with sales budgets and growth forecasts, aligned with the sales strategy of the IOT business unit. The position will seek out new selling opportunities through existing sales partners, distributors, and marketplaces to ensure continued sales growth. The position will be responsible for implementing partner programs, territory plans, market strategies and strategic targets of new distribution vendor relationships in the construction and lighting industry sectors. Direct the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establish training programs for the partners representatives. Analyze sales statistics gathered by partners to determine sales potential portfolio requirements and monitor the preferences of customers.
What you will do:
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with Principle owners, Executives, key business leads and industry stakeholders.
- Develop and manage Partner Programs (partner frame agreements, programs, incentives and contracts). Includes leading efforts in contract development, review & negotiations, working with Contracts Manager as appropriate.
- Analyzes and evaluates markets (both technology and product portfolio) and needs of potential or existing partners and customers.
- Recommend a capture strategy for all critical opportunities which will result in the greatest share of the market over the long run. Solicit new business from current customers and potential new customers in area and accounts of responsibility.
- Initiates and contributes to planning of customer related product development measures or the setup of customer related projects.Cooperates with Marketing, Product Management and Project Management in matters of strategic and tactical product and service positioning.
- Practice Sales Management excellence (People leadership, coaching, management and development)
- Investigates and evaluates specific business opportunities for the customer related product portfolio.May support strategic key customers' business development.
- Practice Sales Operational Excellence (Execution of strategies, business targets, channel incentives, forecasting, business performance management and reporting). Track monthly and quarterly performance and sales key metrics to ensure program sales goals are met
- Drive customer affinity by delivering exceptional Customer Service (meeting or exceeding phone and email metrics as well as team service level agreement). Contributes to the development of an after sales service that is focused on our customers' needs.
- Collect and maintain detailed records in the CRM tool to document customer information, metrics and interactions.
- Ensure effective expense control of selling activities to achieve designated budgets within company guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
What You will bring:
- 2 BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in managing and developing channel partner relationships. Preferably have previous lighting or IOT experience.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen with a proven track record in vendor programs for both small ticket and middle market programs, with the focus on the later.
- Ability to execute business strategy and contribute to targeted sales, relationship management objectives and business returns
- Demonstrated ability to execute sales plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure the profitable growth and expansion of company products and/or services.
- Ability to prepare & present presentations that conform to prescribed style and format including presenting information to top management and public groups.
- Ability to structure standard and complex product offerings
- Familiar with lighting, construction industry work practices and approaches.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet research.
- Proficient in CRM software (preferably salesforce).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution - Entry-level academic Bachelor positions, needed sound knowledge on principles, technologies and theories; certifications in specific fields might be required OR vocationally trained and experienced (semi-) professional positions with extensive knowledge of a range of specific processes and systems
- Ability to travel, meet with clients/prospects, attend industry events and conferences with a willingness to travel on a regular basis.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional)
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy | Enlighted, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.