Siemens Smart Infrastructure Division bundles know-how from our smart grid, low, medium voltage, energy automation, energy distribution businesses. Together as a Division we cover every voltage from low voltage to medium voltage, plus we are heavily investing globally and locally in the market growth areas of micro grid, big data, energy storage, e-mobility and more.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Professional to join our Distribution Systems team in our Bayswater, VIC offices. Reporting to the Systems Proposals Team Leader, and working with our Medium Voltage AIS and GIS Switchgear, Low Voltage Switchgear and Busway systems, this role will be both challenging and rewarding having full responsibility for proposals for the DS Products & Systems & Distribution Transformers business segments.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Full ownership as Bid Leader for the preparation and submission of winning customer quotations, bids and tenders in accordance with Siemens policy and guidelines.
- Manage and clearly document customer requirements and compliance throughout the bid phase to ensure scope clarity and alignment of customer expectations
- Collaborate with Product Managers, order execution team, factory engineering and sales to optimize Siemens technical and commercial offer to provide winning value aligned to the customer requirements
- Prepare or support the preparation of design documentation including: single line diagrams, general arrangements, product selection & technical descriptions, bill of materials, and preliminary configuration files
- Prepare the cost calculations, including; commercial risk assessments & quantification; coordination with commercial partners
- Prepare, and validates with the relevant internal & external stakeholders, preliminary project plans including: quality, schedule, human resources
- Management of inbound customer inquiries, especially technical Q&A’s, RFI’s and related clarifications relating to assigned inquiries
- Coordination of customer purchase order receipt processing and timely handover to operations ensuring the quality standards.
- Support the sales team with customer care initiatives, presentations and events as required
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Medium Voltage (GIS) technology
- Knowledge and experience with Medium Voltage (AIS) technology, LV Switchgears and Busways
- Tertiary degree in Electrical engineering
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Advanced understanding of Quality, Safety and Environment requirements
- Knowledge of relevant Australian and International Design and Electrical standards
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realize the potential of our people.
As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.