"Siemens Smart İnfrastructure" - Digital Grid; SI DG Turkey is mainly focused on Development and Execution of Software Solutions for Energy Automation Smart Grid Products. As being the integral part of Siemens Digital Grid Turkey, Grid Control Engineering group is mainly focused on Software Solution & Implementation of Grid Control segment product. To accomplish the mission of the group, the candidate will perform as a Software Development Engineer in ODTÜ Teknokent Ankara office for Outage Management projects in Digital Grid Area.
What are my responsibilities?
• Working within the R&D team to develop, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
• Developing and maintaining Web-based and/or Desktop applications and components under the guidance of the product owner/expert(s),
• Participating in analysis of tasks required for development and providing accurate effort estimation,
• Supporting tests for the QA team to assess performance, correction, and usability of the software,
• Taking responsibilities on Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team,
• Development of features in Outage Management System,
• Fixing bugs that are discovered during tests or informed by the customers,
• IT Integration design and requirement analyses,
• IT Integration development and implementation,
• Conducting FAT, SAT, Unit tests and Scenario tests,
• Providing Outage Management application or technical based training to customers.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
• Proven software development experience in Object-Oriented Programming practices,
• General Knowledge of Design Patterns, best practices, and their usages,
• Previous experience on one or more of the following:
• Experience on Outage Management concepts
• Experience on Trouble Call Management, Call Center concepts
• Experience on Crew Management, Workforce Management concepts
• Experience with Web Application development (Java, Spring Boot2+, Spring Framework),
• Experience with Web Services (REST or SOAP),
• Experience on desktop application and/or simulation software development (especially on C/C++, Java),
• Experience with file based and/or relational database (especially Oracle),
• Experience with GIS systems (Openlayers, GeoServer) is a plus,
• Experience on working in Linux or Unix systems,
• Experience with Configuration Management Systems (GIT, ClearCase, etc.),
• Knowledge in software life cycle and agile methodologies,
• Knowledge in continuous integration concepts (Jenkins, Maven, yaml, yarn, etc.),
• Know-how on Energy Distribution networks is a plus,
• Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
What else do I need to know?
• No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily,