Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for an experienced Data Privacy Officer to join our team.
We embrace and encourage different viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences and expertise. We encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows different ideas and approaches to thrive. Find out more here.
You will be appointed as Data Privacy Officer in the UK and as Data Privacy Coordinator in Ireland for all legal entities of the Siemens Healthineers group in the region.
This is a key role within Siemens Healthineers, it’s a challenging position with great opportunity for development.
This role can be based from home with some travel to our offices around the UK.
- Ensures compliance with Data Privacy Laws in the organization and acts as trusted advisor to the Siemens Healthcare UK management with respect to all Data Privacy related matters
- Helps the Business to mitigate Data Privacy risks
- Implements, performs or supports as the case may be key Data Privacy processes such as evaluation of processing activities, support in Data Privacy Impact evaluations, Data Privacy incident management, handles data subject requests
- Drafts and negotiates Data Processing Agreements
- Implements and ensures execution of Data Privacy programs and provide respective guidance to management incl. regular Data Privacy trainings to the organization
- Acts as point of contact and cooperates with the Data Protection Authorities
- Keeps the Head of Data Privacy informed on all material Data Privacy topics in the country, including post-BREXIT divergence of UK GDPR form EU GDPR
- Be comfortable as a challenger to the management and to the business when appropriate
- Demonstrates credibility in his/her participation at and advice to the board
- Works collaboratively with Siemens Healthineers Data Privacy specialists in headquarters
- Lives core values such as integrity, respect and reliability
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified solicitor, would suit 1-3 years PQE
- Relevant Data Privacy experience, either in an inhouse legal team (preferred) or in a law firm
- Excellent communication in English
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and to set the right priorities
- Pragmatic and hands on
- Excellent business acumen
- Gravitas and credibility
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work’. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time