At Siemens we are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Industries Division as a Robotic and Automation Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
The position will be based in our Congleton office, which is a World Class facility, responsible for designing, manufacturing, and servicing inverter drives for the global industrial market. The factory is undertaking an ambitious digital transformation, to help increase competitiveness and productivity through the delivery of more innovative products and services to our customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a strong, stable, global and dynamic business. As a long standing and ethical market leader, we are looking to offer the right candidate an excellent career path as well as an attractive rewards package.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Responsible for leading robotics and automation projects from idea and conceptualisation through to final implementation/integration in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Familiarisation and use of world class digital engineering tools to facilitate efficient and connected deployment of automation systems from initial concept, simulation and commissioning both from a virtual and physical perspectives (the Digital Twin concept).
- Identify opportunities for continuous business improvement in the areas of quality, productivity and speed/reliability of manufacturing processes through the design, development and implementation of automated system solutions.
- Use your knowledge of robotics and automation to influence the product development phases of our new products using Design for Automation principles and best practices to ensure we have the best opportunity to implement automation in the early stages of the product lifecycle.
- Responsible for end-to-end project activities from initial capital justifications through to ensuring that automation solutions are designed and released in a way to maximise reliability, repeatability and safety.
- Identify and define engineering and operator training requirements to support new applications, in addition to providing support during commissioning to ensure a smooth transition into volume production.
- You will generate user requirement specifications to ensure all aspects of equipment expectations are defined when designing, developing, improving and/or implementing equipment. Ensuring that all relevant procedures, criticality assessments and correct operations are facilitated at all times.
- Willing to work cross-functionally in agile teams to facilitate world class manufacturing processes.
What you need to make real what matters?
You are a self-motivated and resilient individual who thrives on solving exciting challenges as part of a creative, multi-disciplinary, agile team.
In addition, you will have:
- A minimum of HND/HNC within a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience in Mechatronics, Robotics and Automation.
- Software experience in 3D CAD, Simulation, Robot Programming and PLC Programming
- Robot experience - KUKA, Universal Robots
- The ability to adopt digital twinning and virtual commissioning concepts
- Affiliated with a professional institute or working towards a recognised status
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good time management and the ability to prioritise
What else do I need to know?
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here or contact the recruiter.
Closing Date: 03rd October 2021
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time