- Runs and reviews SAP reports to see daily work assignments.
- Reviews those assignments and communicates any challenges and suggestions to the production planner. This communication shall continue throughout the day as necessary to ensure that priorities are addressed, and customers can be alerted when orders must be delayed.
- Uses a variety of specialized tools and keeps them in good condition or seeks assistance in so-doing from support staff. Equipment typically includes basic hand tools, small air and hydraulic presses, electronic meters, and pneumatic control panels.
- Performs assembly operations, which includes all electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical assemblies or sub-assemblies.
- Performs fabrication procedures such as the molding, trimming, and testing of rubber diaphragms.
- Organizes own inventory, constantly monitors availability of parts, and chooses appropriate parts or components, according to respective specification.
- Verifies the accuracy of the SAP stock count, identifies the root cause of any discrepancies, and implements corrective action.
- May perform sight checks, functionality or general quality test routines and procedures.
- Assists in resolving routine manufacturing related problems affecting daily operations.
- Evaluates customer returns, performs repairs, and completes all required reporting.
- Performs basic preventive maintenance procedures on equipment in the employee’s work area.
- Actively participates on quality improvement project teams and makes strong contributions to the teams’ success.
- Material handling involves moving newly received parts to their correct storage locations, issuing parts to the production floor, and performing the relevant SAP transactions.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- 3 or more years’ experience working independently in a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanically inclined – must be comfortable using basic hand tools and small presses.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on other responsibilities within the organization, such as shipping and material handling tasks.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions.
- Analytical skills – must be able to reach conclusions and make recommendations based on collected data.
- Problem solving skills – must be able to troubleshoot problems in a logical manner and develop corrective action when technical support is not available.
- Written and verbal skills – must be able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with suppliers, customers, and fellow employees (English).
- Basic familiarity with SAP. Employee will be using SAP to read daily schedules, transfer parts, and log results after completing orders.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, including casting, forging, machining, and circuit board processes.
- Familiarity with the ISO 9001:2015 standard and its basic requirements.
- Experience applying corrective action techniques such as 8D and the “A3” process.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds unassisted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.