At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
This is a pre-sales role reporting to the Siemens Software CIS Organization. Duties include alignment of process automation engineering and operation tools to address customer business issues and challenges, demonstration, and proof of concept of CIS tools to deliver against customer and industry defined technical requirements. Participation in customer benchmark activities, proof of concepts, workflow development and customer enablement. Unique opportunity to impact CIS product development by representing the voice of the customer within CIS. This position provides opportunities for a significant amount of customer engagement in support of strategic CIS sales pursuits.
- Provides pre-sales technical support for the Siemens CIS Engineering and Operations software portfolio, leveraging a combination of application and domain expertise to a variety of Siemens CIS customers in the Energy, Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Power Generation, Pharmaceuticals and F&B industries.
- Develops proof of concepts, demonstrations and executes benchmarks of the Siemens CIS Engineering and Operations software portfolio.
- Aids in closing sales by demonstrating value and benefits of solutions; preparing responses to RFI’s and RFP’s as well as other technical documentation.
- Contributes to the development CIS software capabilities by evaluating current product functionality; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer requirements to the Siemens CIS product development team.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to sales and technical teams.
- Train and mentor client technical leads and subject matter experts in the application of the Siemens CIS products.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and speaking at technical trade shows or conferences.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical engineering, or equivalent working experience.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years in the application of Computer Aided Engineering Software working with solutions for FEED engineering, P&IDs and/or EI&C engineering. Knowledge in 3D Plant Design tools will be a plus
- Experience using one or more of the following simulation software: Hysys, PROII, CHEMCAD, Aspen, gPROMS.
- Familiarity with standard Process Engineering plant design deliverables like PFDs, Material balances, Datasheets, Lists, P&IDs, Isometrics, Single Line diagrams.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art CAD systems.
- Position requires strong interpersonal skills, ownership, communication skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or as a team member.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Up to 50% travel.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.