This is a remote opportunity for any candidates local to Houston, TX.
The position is for an Application Engineer within Siemens MI CGA/Laser reporting directly to Ricardo Ochoa. Engineer will participate in recommending hardware solutions or changes to complex customer specifications and/or processes to better match Company products. The engineer will participate in investigating and analyzing complex field problems as required.
The engineer will perform application reviews requiring the processing and interpreting of complex, less clearly-defined data supplied by internal/external customers. The engineer will be required to identify and resolve technical related issues regarding hardware, software, and other readily identifiable, clearly-defined problems.
• Engineer will be responsible to support sales and technical related field requests as required.
• Engineer will be required to develop and conduct training sessions for internal/external customers. Training sessions can include face-to-face hands-on, power-point presentation, as well as the use of various virtual platforms such as Microsoft Teams.
• Expected to provide primary support for Siemens extractive continuous gas analyzers and tunable diode lasers products.
• Engineer will be responsible for the technical training of internal/external service/repair personal during product launches.
• Provide 3rd level (expert) support and training to our field service and repair team.
• When needed help with field service and repairs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Extensive experience in various gas analyzer technologies such as NDIR, UV, TDL, FID, TCD and Paramagnetic.
• Extensive experience in designing and service complex gas analyzer solutions including sample preparation systems and sample probes.
• +8 years of successful experience in gas analytic solutions.
• Bachelor of Science (Engineering) or Equivalent Experience.
• 30% required travel.
• Proven ability to develop rapport with customers.
• Proven experience in analyzing and trouble-shoot process gas analyzers.
• Basic knowledge in digital communication including, but not limited to, Profibus, Modbus, Foundation Fieldbus, and Hart (Wireless).
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.