Supervisor – 3rd Shift (Atellica System Fluids)
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Production Supervisor.
This position will focus on the management of the third shift in the Atellica System Fluids Manufacturing Team. The successful candidate will complete manufacturing Process projects and productivity related activities focusing on the Atellica Production area. Daily responsibilities will ensure that cost effectiveness, manufacturability, quality, and safety requirements are attained in the production area.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Supervising final assembly production of Laboratory Diagnostic consumable products to lead the Reagent Consumables Manufacturing area on third shift (10 PM to 6:30 AM). This is a 24-hour manufacturing operation 5 days a week. Ability to work weekends as needed.
- Overseeing all assigned - or major parts of - production sequences, and across shifts, in production or logistic unit. Effectively manages business financial measures; capital utilization, area financial performance supporting business direction focused on high-quality, low-cost products for customer use.
- Develop and implement plans, prioritizes and manages related resources and, operational measures for ensuring functional & business success.
- Providing developmental and, day to day guidance to a work staff typically from 10 to up to 25 semi-skilled employees in labor-intensive (mass) production areas in an automated and mechanized environment.
- Supporting the creation of the area annual budget, and monitoring financial production data (MUV, Scrap, cost center performance, SAP).
- Operating within the Quality System with knowledge of regulatory agencies (FDA, ISO UL etc).
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
You should have aligned capabilities thorough professional know-how and/or, based on practical experience and theoretical foundation through other work experiences.
- You should have demonstrated capabilities to focus on applying and expanding acquired knowledge base. Application of knowledge in increasingly both broader professional and managerial context. Basic level of professional judgment competence. Improves processes within specialized area. Impacts team results.
- Needs advanced management understanding in order to lead and align employees in different workflows and / or projects organization environment. Planning and managing results and performance is essential.
- Create and sustain a respectful environment conducive to self-management and high performance.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook)
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions
- You have very good presentation skills in the manufacturing environment, and you show team orientation, communication skills and customer orientation.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- "Vocationally trained (mastery) + 10 years (+) or: Bachelor +/- 3 to 5 years (degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Clinical Chemistry or Engineering discipline preferred)
- Ability to demonstrate management principles and approaches.
- Experience with current Lean Manufacturing techniques
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.