Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. For us, good service means that we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and even beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world!
Our Customer Service business seeks to hire a motivated Program Manager to support our projects along the Eastern Coast of the US, where we maintain our Rail Car Rolling Stock (Light Rail Vehicles, Electric & Diesel Locomotives, and Passenger Coaches). Due to continued growth, we are adding this multifaceted and strategic role to our organization. You will proactively deliver on contracts, handle the P&L of projects, be the face to the customer, and develop your team of Regional Service Operations Managers.Primary Responsibilities: Capitalizing on your Project Manager Resources to deliver on contractual obligations and delight our customers:
- Establishing and running the Project Management Office to ensure all projects are delivered using a 'best-practice Project Delivery Approach (Ensuring that the projects are provided within the agreed scope, time, budget, and quality.)
- Advocates for both the customer and for us and seeks to find advantageous solutions.
- Maintain a central repository of tribal knowledge that are considered when bidding, calculating, and executing future projects
- Development of the PM team to match the project complexity both from a staffing and development perspective.
- Support their learning, incremental empowerment, and ownership of results.
- Lead and empower PMs as individuals and a team to ensure a support network surrounding them with expertise and mentorship.
- Is responsible for continuous improvement of project management methodologies, standardization across projects, and implementation of lessons learned.
- Ensure project resources have the accurate and ever-evolving toolsets and processes in place and that all relevant staff is trained and equipped to deliver successfully.
- Proactively coordinating with people at all levels of the organization, facilitating conversations, workshops, and training that unpack complexity and opportunities for cross-functional problem solving (internal and external)
- Collaborate intensely with peers and colleagues to establish clear lines of responsibility and authority between groups and departments.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to craft the targets and support that Projects receive to fulfill customer expectations
- Provide strong leadership in a matrix environment to promote a culture driven by standard methodologies and lessons learned, managing interrelated projects and programs to ensure successful delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering preferred
- Externally recognized technology specialist in the respective field who utilizes their network
- Minimum ten years validated experience with multi-year and multi-million dollar successful project management.
- PMI/EPMA Project Management Certification
- Contract Management and Scheduling
- Team Management and Development
- Financial budgeting and reporting
- Upholding quality standards
- Ability to travel 25%
- Confirmed business insight
- Negotiation capabilities
- Strong team orientation
- Project management experience
- Risk management
- Self-motivated to produce high-quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
- Advanced user of MS Word, Excel, Visio, and Project
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs are available.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.