At our Siemens Advanta R&D Center we are focused on a product development including software development, hardware development, mechanical design, and testing for the next generation concept of Industry 4.0.
We want to invite you to collaborate on development of industrial automation products. Your goal will be to extend our team and help us implement a software component called OMS. The OMS is an essence of many hardware and software products developed by SIEMENS. We developed it on a Client/Server Architecture with an intense focus on Object Orientation, including different Object Models. The Server part is in nowadays integrated in majority of controllers we deliver to market, whereas the Client part we integrate into various desktop applications. OMS supports various security mechanisms, firmware updates, file transfers, or subscriptions for value updates. Your task will be to implement additional features into both client and server. OMS musts run on Linux and on Windows.
Your task will be:
Share of total responsibility of components (depends on component), i.e.
- Enhancement and Maintenance of product code based (incl. architectural changes when required) in coordination with the other OMS components
- Increase the Code Quality
- Implementation and Maintenance of functional tests to keep/increase the test coverage
- Update of the according chapters in the User Manual (used only SIEMENS internal by other projects which use OMS)
- Support for the other projects which use OMS
- Participation in the test automation esp. the upgrade to an up-to-date Tooling like Jenkins
- Participation in the topics OMS must implement, e.g. for the new Open Automation Ecosystem
What we will appreciate from you:
- Knowledge of C++ Mid to Senior Level
- Mid to Senior level in Object Orientation
- Experience with development with Visual Studio
- Experience with development for Windows or Linux
- C# Knowledge
- Experience with embedded development
- Knowledge of script languages like Python
- Experience in platform independent code
You can look forward to:
- Up to 33 days of holiday (standard 5 weeks + up to 8 days from benefit system)
- Bonus for joining our company up to CZK 100,000 (depends on the level of technical knowledge)
- Flexible working hours and home-office
- An individual benefit budget of at least CZK 24,000 that you can turn into a combination of up to 8 extra days off, cafeteria points or pension and / or life insurance contributions
- Relocation bonus for the costs of moving to the place of work (CZK 100,000 if you move to the Czech Republic from abroad, CZK 50,000 if you move to Brno within the Czech Republic)
- Contribution to meals in the form of e-vouchers
- Contribution to Multi-sport card
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time