At our Siemens Advanta R&D Center we are focused on a product development including software development, hardware development, mechanical design and testing for the next generation concept of Industry 4.0.
We want to invite you to collaborate on our R&D activities for the Siemens Motion Control (MC) business unit. Motion Control is one of the world’s leading providers of products, systems, solutions, and services in the motion control market. The mission of the team in Prague is to support product development activities with a focus on optional components as line harmonic filters or braking resistors. Your major responsibility will be to communicate with various parties as internal project and product managers, or external end-customers and partners. Your task will be to understand their requirements, communicate them into the R&D teams and deliver back the technology solutions. You will contribute to technical analyses, test organizations and qualification of third-party products.
As Hardware Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Technical analysis and test organization for new developments and product care, and support worldwide design authority for following products: Motor side, grid side and DC Link components to fulfill customer requirements regarding long cable applications, motor protection, grid and EMC regulations
- Qualification of drive with 3rd party components (chokes, input/output filters, braking resistors) based on product management requirements
- Identify and assess possible technical risks
· Networking with worldwide R&D colleagues to find solution for specific projects
As Product Owner you will be responsible for:
- Represent the customers and all product stakeholders (collect and process inputs)
- Define the requirements and do feasibility analyses
- Maintain and prioritize the product backlog the product backlog
- Consider system architecture specifications for your area of responsibility
- Do planning and budget estimation
Why you should choose us:
- Working for a leader in totally integrated automation and drive solutions
- Face interesting and diversified challenges
- Helping our customers to boost their productivity and innovate their products in the name of Industry 4.0
- Working in an international team
You can look forward to:
· Up to 33 days of holiday (standard 5 weeks + up to 8 days from benefit system)
· Bonus for joining our company up to CZK 100,000 (depends on the level of technical knowledge)
· Flexible working hours and home-office
· An individual benefit budget of at least CZK 24,000 that you can turn into a combination of up to 8 extra days off, cafeteria points or pension and / or life insurance contributions
· Relocation bonus for the costs of moving to the place of work (CZK 100,000 if you move to the Czech Republic from abroad, CZK 50,000 if you move to Prague within the Czech Republic)
· Contribution to meals in the form of e- vouchers
· Contribution to Multi-sport card
What we will appreciate from you:
- Solid technical education in Electrical Engineering with focus on power electronics.
- Experience in the field of Product and Hardware Development, as advantage especially in drive components and filters.
- Experience in system simulation of electrical drive systems and the design calculation of the inverter parts.
- Analyzing skills, the willingness to learn, initiative and decision making.
- Communication and organizational skills.
- Intermediate in English.
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time