Siemens, founded in 1847, is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Siemens had EUR 57 billion in revenue for fiscal 2020 and has a wide range of businesses including Digital Industries, Siemens Mobility, Smart Infrastructure and Siemens Healthineers. Siemens has over 293,000 global employees.
We have a great opportunity to become a key member of the team as an International Tax Manager.Description of the Position
You will be focused on the company’s Digital Industries Software (DISW) business tax challenges associated with the high technology industry, including related tax compliance requirements, evolving business models, and a complex and changing regulatory environment.
The corporate team has tax specific responsibilities across all areas of tax related matters and provides support to management in making various business and operational decisions. Tax leadership has a strong history of promotion from within as such the position offers a great deal of growth opportunity for strong performers.Key responsibilities
- Assisting and supporting on the corporate tax compliance, provision and reporting processes for group companies with a particular focus on the Irish entities
- Providing advice with respect to tax consequences of business transactions, including the research, review, documentation, and implementation of tax positions that support these transactions
- Assisting on indirect tax matters including reviewing supply chain flows and assisting with the filing of VAT declarations for the Irish entities
- Supporting the setting and testing of tax requirements in an ERP system
- Supporting transfer pricing requirements, including creating and updating transfer pricing reports and preparation of related documentation
- Undertaking projects to respond to business and tax law changes, including optimising global value flows and reviewing the characterisations of software sales and assessing associated withholding tax costs
- Assisting with tax audits
The ideal candidate will have a desire for a long-term career, desires continuous growth and enjoys working collaboratively. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education, experience and attributes:
- Fully qualified (CTA and/or ACA) proven post qualifying experience with a top tier accounting firm or in an industry role (or combination)
- Experience across all tax heads
- High proficiency and interest in accounting systems software and related process automation
- Analytical and qualitative skills to be able to conceptualise and provide suggestions
- Strong skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP), Tax Software (AlphaTax)
We are looking for a motivated individual that has a high level of professionalism, is friendly, dedicated and has strong decision making skills. You will need to work well as part of a team, have high ethical standards, learn quickly, and have a strong attention to detail.
By joining the tax team, you will become part of a highly collaborative environment. You will get along with business partners in multiple departments and countries. Assisting and supporting on the corporate tax compliance, provision and reporting processes for group companies with a particular focus on the Irish entitiesWe are Siemens
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time