Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
We want to join in our Rolling Stock HUB in Madrid a System Engineer (f/m/d) Aerodynamics for Rolling Stock
Together we can make a difference
Your new scope of work - challenging and future-oriented
• the main task comprises aerodynamic system design of rolling stock.
• For this purpose you create aerodynamic concepts
• perform simulation calculations and demonstrate evaluation and assessment with regard to various aspects such as driving resistance or crosswind stability.
• Other subject areas are calculation and optimization of external and internal flows of rolling stock including tunneling as well as
• the determination of pressure loads on the coach body and externally installed components.
• Planning and organization of tests in the laboratory, wind tunnel or on the track to validate the results also form part of your duties.
• Independent and autonomous processing of aerodynamics topics of projects taking costs and deadlines into consideration
• participation in the preparation of approval documents for the scope of duties.
• Presentation and discussion of work results internally and externally with customers and acceptance authorities
• the job is carried out in close cooperation with colleagues in Germany using the modern options of remote computing and digital cooperation.
Your qualifications - sound and appropriate
• Successfully completed University course in mechanical engineering or automotive/aerospace engineering with a focus on aerodynamics or specialization in fluid mechanics
In-depth knowledge of fluid mechanics,
also with a Ph.D degree
Extensive simulation experience with CFD (Star CCM+), grid generation
Programming experience in a higher-level programming language or Matlab
Knowledge of 3D modeling (CAD, Spaceclaim)
Several years of professional experience in the field of flow simulation preferably from the field of automotive engineering are an advantage,
industry and customer-related knowledge in railroad technology is desirable
Your fluency in written and spoken English completes your profile, basic knowledge of German is desirable.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, S.L.U.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time